• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Abusive Hypocriscy

Riley

We've heard it a gazillion times: The relationship between Edward Cullen & Bella is abusive. Now, I am NOT a hard Twilight fan. But compared to today's golden boys (Tate Langdon and The Joker), Eddie's a saint. All of his abusive actions have been done with good intention. Not to mention how he only injured Bella's arm because of his brother. Or how he NEVER RAPED BELLA'S MOM!!!

If you're gonna call (The non-crazy and the crazy) girls out on supporting this relationship, chances are you support The Joker and Harley's. Despite the fact he chucked her out a window with intent to kill for a petty reason; The very SAME way Alicia Hunt was said to have died. And no love for the time he infected Bud & Lou with rabies, forcing Harley to KILL her babies in self-defense? Wow! Being a 'cool' psychopath allows you to get away with anything! :D

You're gonna kill me for this: I believe in rape with good intention. HEAR ME OUT! I'm talking about:
  • Liir was dying due to his body temperature dropping. Candle, the Quadling girl assigned to watch him, knows only one, desperate way to save him. She forces herself on the comatose young man in order to raise his body heat. Inadvertently, she is impregnated,
Raping a person, man or woman, with intent to impregnate is still wrong. If you're not gonna let Crystal Norris get away with it, don't let Tate do it. Plus...He IS the dad of the Anti-Christ. Renesmee's actually a cute-albeit-strange girl.

I think that a relationship should be classed as abusive when one person intentionally causes the other mental, emotional or physical harm. If one person has trouble communicating or understanding the other person and accidentally hurts them, then it's a relationship with bad communication.
I've never seen twilight, but Joker and Harley's relationship literally started because he caused her to fall in love with him to escape from Arkham Asylum. After that it was just him leading her along and forcing her to do whatever he thought would be amusing. That is the definition of abusive.

Still, doesn't justify people talking about Edward like he's the Second Coming of Hitler. I have strange standards: If you don't rape/murder anyone for petty reasons or do something else awful, I don't hate you. Cross those lines...You'll have a bad time.

You're gonna kill me for this: I believe in rape with good intention. HEAR ME OUT! I'm talking about:
  • Liir was dying due to his body temperature dropping. Candle, the Quadling girl assigned to watch him, knows only one, desperate way to save him. She forces herself on the comatose young man in order to raise his body heat. Inadvertently, she is impregnated,
I'm sorry, but I just could not leave without replying.

I really hope that when you say that you "believe in rape with good intention" you are only referring to in fiction. I mean, even in fiction, there's absolutely never a good reason to rape someone, but I suppose if you want to read stuff like that, that is your choice.

Raping a person, man or woman, with intent to impregnate is still wrong.

I also want to point out that this is very, very rarely the reason for anyone to rape another person. Raping a person, man or woman, with intent to impregnate is still wrong.

I'm sorry, but I just could not leave without replying.

I really hope that when you say that you "believe in rape with good intention" you are only referring to in fiction. I mean, even in fiction, there's absolutely never a good reason to rape someone, but I suppose if you want to read stuff like that, that is your choice.

I also want to point out that this is very, very rarely the reason for anyone to rape another person. Raping a person, man or woman, with intent to impregnate is still wrong.
I couldn't agree more.

Somehow I just don't see the point of waging intense, ethical arguments pertaining to non-human fictional characters.

Though I find it amusing that Mr. Spock would likely agree. :p

Yeah, in fiction. In real life, I'm required to say something else. Or Mom gets mad. My moral code is...Complicated.

The one critical aspect of "Twilight" I find in spite of its overt fiction was the notion that Bella Swan could have been a classic example of an Aspie female. :)

Which IMO makes for a very real discussion.

Brought to my attention right here a few years ago. Shoutout to Ylva. ;)

Off-Topic Moment!:
  • I find myself actually associating with female leads who have been called 'b***y' and 'awful' and 'Sues' by critics. Mainly Anita Blake and Sookie Stackhouse. The former due to her temper, the latter due to things like family issues and considering what she has (Telepathy) a disability.

We've heard it a gazillion times: The relationship between Edward Cullen & Bella is abusive. Now, I am NOT a hard Twilight fan. But compared to today's golden boys (Tate Langdon and The Joker), Eddie's a saint. All of his abusive actions have been done with good intention. Not to mention how he only injured Bella's arm because of his brother. Or how he NEVER RAPED BELLA'S MOM!!!

Okay, but since it's only fiction, does it really matter? Is that a silly question? Am I missing something here?

As for his abusive actions having good intentions - well, they say that the road to Hell is paved with them (good intentions, not abusive actions), so that doesn't get someone off the hook as far as I'm concerned. If the outcome of one's intentions are consistently bad, and if one refuses to see this, then one is just as guilty of causing deliberate harm, and for this there should be consequences.

Okay, but since it's only fiction, does it really matter? Is that a silly question?

Yeah, when you consider those pesky humans have a divorce rate around 50%, there's probably a lot of abuse contained in such a figure.

So if the Census Bureau has any such statistics on vampires, they probably sparkle in comparison. But enough about Edward & Bella.

What about "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" ? Where the Southerners are all vampires and the Northerners are all human. Such bigotry! :p

Last edited:
I'm not saying Edward's completely off the hook, here. This paraphrase could help you better understand:
  • "Him! The lesser of evils!" "Uh, his name's Edward..."
I take live-action television deadly serious. Like cartoons are lightly treated.

I'm not saying Edward's completely off the hook, here. This paraphrase could help you better understand:
  • "Him! The lesser of evils!" "Uh, his name's Edward..."
I take live-action television deadly serious. Like cartoons are lightly treated.

Even the lesser of two evils is still, well..evil.

New Threads

Top Bottom