• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Abuse of moderators

I heard this site has a good reputation of mods being fair and treating everyone equally (as in the rules applying to everyone on the same level). If that's the case then there's no reason members should hurl abuse at the mod team like that. It can hurt. I'm sorry this happened. I hope you're feeling OK. :kissingheart:

I can see why some get upset at the mods here due to post editing by them. To take a grievance, for whatever reason, to the next level and full-on rage at them is a step too far. Talk to them, explain the problem but don't just rant.

Mods have to put up with some serious crap. There are good days when they just have to deal with spammers. Then there are days they wish they hadn't accepted the invitation to be a mod. A little while back I discovered a thread (dealt with) where I only read the first sentence. I had to type the report while trying not to throw up over my keyboard. I feel sorry for whichever mod got that thread to deal with.

I can see why some get upset at the mods here due to post editing by them. To take a grievance, for whatever reason, to the next level and full-on rage at them is a step too far. Talk to them, explain the problem but don't just rant.

Mods have to put up with some serious crap. There are good days when they just have to deal with spammers. Then there are days they wish they hadn't accepted the invitation to be a mod. A little while back I discovered a thread (dealt with) where I only read the first sentence. I had to type the report while trying not to throw up over my keyboard. I feel sorry for whichever mod got that thread to deal with.
I did leave another site because the mods kept removing my posts when I posted things that some other members there got away with. My posts weren't exactly breaking the rules or hurting anyone, but they still got removed. So I got fed up with the unfairness. I don't deal with unfairness very well, where people have favourites. I believe everyone should be treated the same, the rules should be common sense not petty or difficult to understand, and posts should be removed only as a last resort for an understandably good reason. I joined here because I heard the mods were much better at keeping the site in order.

I can't say one bad thing about the Moderators or Admins here. I think of them all as friends of mine.

Seriously, everyone, aren't they awesome?

I did leave another site because the mods kept removing my posts when I posted things that some other members there got away with. My posts weren't exactly breaking the rules or hurting anyone, but they still got removed. So I got fed up with the unfairness. I don't deal with unfairness very well, where people have favourites. I believe everyone should be treated the same, the rules should be common sense not petty or difficult to understand, and posts should be removed only as a last resort for an understandably good reason. I joined here because I heard the mods were much better at keeping the site in order.
It was a toxic environment over there and some mods aided in bullying people off the website.
That sort of bias/double-standard doesn't happen here.

I hope this can be prevented in the future, it doesn't help anyone that someone gets hurt. The functionality of the community is at its best when negative incidents can be solved effectively and peacefully and the rules are clear and written well in access of members. High emotional impact things can dawn on autistic people, which tend to have deeper emotions.

Moderators are messengers, cannot be lumped together in an all-encompassing description, and I would be cautious about putting them in an all-white\all-black uniform. They each have their downsides, personalities and talents for their job.

My previous observation and experience would suggest speaking to them one by one, and finding one you resonate with, even if eventually the whole team will be allowed to know what the trouble is.

New Threads

Top Bottom