• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A question about ratings and contextual meaning (heart and checkmark)

I'm sometimes not sure what to put, and can't decide between two different karma ratings. I'm not sure what the difference between 'useful' and 'informative' is - I assume that the 'useful' is for helpful? For me, informative posts are also helpful, they seem similar.

The funny rating is tricky. I worry about using it unless it is really obvious that the person is intending to be funny. I think that it might be upsetting/triggering if I give 'funny' karma to a post that wasn't intended to be funny, that will probably lead to misunderstandings and potentially upset someone. I use it with extreme caution.

Informative and useful are tricky! I'm thinking that useful is practical for me in some way. I can use it in my life somehow. While informative might be helpful to me - but more in understanding of the topic. That is, I found out something I didn’t know before from what the person wrote. Or, it provided information that others might need. It remains tricky.

Regarding the 'funny' button. On reading your post I now worry too. I'm a person that uses humour as a coping mechanism...to lighten life which is, by it's nature, pretty heavy. I see your point though - it's hard to know how others might take things. I think I'll be careful of using the funny button too.

New Threads

Top Bottom