• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A million british pound sterling

tridianprime

What would you do with a million pounds, which is about 1.65 million USD. I'll go first. I'll do it in pounds.

500,000- A house in Boston

5,000- Lots of Ackie Monitors to breed

500- A NERD morph reticulated python

5,000- A hand tailored suit from one of the tailors near Regent Street, London so i could where it every day

120,000- A Jaguar F-Type and an Audi R8

2,000- A new computer that is horribly over the top

300- A german shepherd dog

The rest- Buy bonds or hire an investor to advise me on investing it.

That's about $1850 000 Aussie dollar.

$380 000 house and renovations
$30 000 new car
$200 000 gifted to family
$??? Travel to all the places I've wanted to go to
And when I get back I would consider moving rural so I set up a descent garden

The rest I would invest so I could live off the interest

The things i would keep from my life are my pets and my Aspergers. Oh, and my close to 7000 hours game-time save on Pokemon red.

The only certainty is that I'd take a little time off work to take my dad to the Ukraine (while he still can).

Then I'd probably buy a condo (allergic to grass, thanks for asking) and the rest would be my Nice Vacation Fund.

I would split between myself and the family and a couple of friends of mine but to also, establish a business of my own (but of course, I would need business mentors on my behalf on this).
Get the opportunity to get married or put it in a savings account.

Here in Canada the amount would be 1,752,510.40!

Please forgive my aspieness, I did look it up. lol

I would get a reputable financial planner to help me invest a lot of it.
I would pay off my daughter's debts set up and scholarships for my grandchildren. I'd also give them some "fun" money
I would set aside funds for an Eating Disorder program where I live.
I would buy a car with heated seats.
I'd move somewhere that will let me have pets.
I'd give my Mom and sisters a little fun money too!

I don't really need much money for myself, so I'd likely live off the interest.

This is my favorite thread. Or rather, there are at least three threads like this, and I enjoy posting them.

A million is obviously not enough for many us. It is just small change for some people. But to me, it makes a difference.

I can take the money, move to a country town and set up a small business, and live there forever. I am thinking of a small business doing both landowning of growing herbs - that's hard - and more importantly, doing podcasts and vodcasts there :) :D

Or maybe I would continue exactly as I am, and would donate all the money to Food for the Poor. (a very reputable and effective charity that does more good than many of the more widely advertised charities.)

This is my favorite thread. Or rather, there are at least three threads like this, and I enjoy posting them.

A million is obviously not enough for many us. It is just small change for some people. But to me, it makes a difference.

I can take the money, move to a country town and set up a small business, and live there forever. I am thinking of a small business doing both landowning of growing herbs - that's hard - and more importantly, doing podcasts and vodcasts there :) :D

I like that. I would maybe move to Queensland and buy a ranch where i'd breed aussie geckos and monitors on a bigger scale. I have always wanted to live there but never found it practical. I think it may actually be an opportunity for a fresh start.

u4urytyj.jpg

Who knows? Maybe i will actually do it?

£200,000 (approx)-buy myself a decent flat
£200,000-giving to close family and friends to refurbish/pay off mortgage to their homes
£10,000 (approx)-top of the range aquarium, equipment, decor, and fish. Large model railway. Top of the range audio equipment/TV/laptop/games console/games.
£90,000 (approx) decorate my flat and buy furniture.
£200,000 donate to childrens/cancer/environmental charities
£300,000- keep for a rainy day/emergencies

New Threads

Top Bottom