• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A good friend is now my "obsession". Help with a DM.

Most people, generally speaking, are very aloof about small social misunderstandings because they happen so often. It's fairly easy for ND's to get caught up in trying to follow social rules even when they don't exist. Lol.
Considering they know about my ASD and issues with understanding jokes, I think they accept that I sometimes just say strange things. I've often heard the polite "uh-huh" and polite giggle when I was laughing at my own jokes. I am pretty sure they didn't understand it, but they're being polite and inclusive.

I know you think you've damaged something and want to do all you can to fix it, but this isn't like gluing a broken vase back together. It's more like healing a cut, where the less you bother it the faster it heals. Perhaps that's a bad way to put it but I hope you get my drift.

I didn't think of it like that. But it kinda makes sense, when you also think about how easy it is to forgive, but how long it can take to forget.

Again, I simply just cannot thank you all enough for taking your time and putting effort into your replies - regardless of the length. I really do appreciate it. I think you all just saved me from nuking my first and only circle of friends.

New Threads

Top Bottom