• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A girl at a game store I (24-year-old male) go to asked me out today and I'm not sure what to do

At this game store I go to, there's a girl there and we've played Warhammer for a few months now. Today, completely out of the blue when there were other people around, she came up to me and asked if I wanted to go out with her this weekend. It was very surprising for me, but I ended up saying, "Sorry, I'm busy this weekend." (Which I am). Then she gave me her phone number so we could plan something later. We were able to play normally after that but that event and what I should do now are still eating at me.

My initial reaction was not wanting to go out with her, but then my mind tried to convince me I should pursue her as a girlfriend, only for me to then convince myself why I shouldn't. My mom suggested I try to get to know her better and become better friends with her by doing things like hanging out outside of the game store, and maybe I would find myself attracted to her even if now I don't. I was ok with the idea of becoming friends with her, but the idea of the two of us hanging out alone makes me uncomfortable knowing she likely has these feelings for me. I did end up texting her just to start a conversation and she said hi back to me, but I'm not sure where to go from here. She's not a bad person, but she has some things about her I find annoying and not stuff I would want from my partner. The idea of going out with her and it possibly being romantic fills me with all sorts of negative emotions, but the idea of completely turning her down or cutting all ties with her feels just as, if not more awful. My mom also suggested that maybe it isn't romantic and she just wants to get to know me better, but with all the clues I got from our interaction I feel like it's romantic. I also realized I'm not sure how old she is, since it never came up in any conversation and it's hard to tell just by looking at her, and that others have mistaken me for a teenager before, meaning she may be in high school still and not know I'm an adult. That would probably be the best-case scenario for me, but I'm not sure how to ask that or how likely it is that will happen.

As for my thoughts on relationships, I'm really not sure. I've never dated or been with anyone and didn't think I ever would. Now I have the perfect opportunity to try it and I'm here complaining about how I don't know what to do about it. I don't want to say I'm asexual, but I don't know if I'll ever get into a relationship, whether it be because I don't make any efforts to form one, I don't get any opportunities, or I just don't have any interest in them. But it also feels like I have to get in one because I'm 99% sure my brother will never get into one, meaning I'm the only one who could give my parents grandkids. I don't feel like I want to have kids and they haven't brought up the topic, but I feel like they would be disappointed if they don't get any.

I'm really not sure what to do about this. I want to run away from this situation, but I feel obligated to stay so I don't hurt her feelings. What should I do about this?
A huge shock because women normally never ask guys out and never will

New Threads

Top Bottom