• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A few kind words ...

Can someone please tell me why people bully Aspies so hard? Its a daily thing, I guess I miss the signs that tell me that people are pretending to like me, until its too late. Its an ongoing theme and I cannot figure out how to change it. Am I too nice? When I assert myself, people act like Im going wayyyy overboard. I was at the doctor office yesterday, trying to stifle tears due to issues with my job, and the lady next to me started laughing and recording me. Why are there so many cruel people? That you've done nothing to and they just act so hideous? Im losing hope, I do not think I can make it in this world.

You have just had a long run of being in some unlucky spots, and running into turd brains. Its and they are not all that bad. Keep moving, keep your head down and learn to become discerning of people.

Genesis 6:5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Mankind had not changed since then, but God is for the downtrodden, the weary and the lowly. He opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. He understands every human heart and is compassionate. Also, we here at AC know what you are going through.

So sorry for what you're going through. Stick around here on these forums - you'll find that people here are welcoming, understanding, and kind. A lot of people here know from first-hand experience exactly what you're going through and how you feel.

I've at least learned that the jerks out there aren't acting like jerks for the purpose of affecting me - all of their behavior is to try to make themselves feel better. Sometimes they do that by trying to make others look less [attractive/popular/intelligent/capable/wealthy/you-name-it] than they are. Sometimes they're trying to feel powerful by affecting someone else. Sometimes they're seeking the approval of someone else. Sometimes they're just trying to convince themselves of their own lies. Sometime I don't even know what they're trying to achieve.

When I see someone acting like that, I tell myself that this is about them, not about me.

Their behavior diminishes them, not you.

You've had a bad run there, I'm sorry for that. Like NervousRex said though, it's sad really, that the only way they can make themselves feel better is hurting others. You're already better than them because you don't stoop to that level.

Hi Wendy welcome. Sounds like it's a tough time for you, I hope things improve soon. This is a good place to get ideas and hear what others are thinking about things, I hope that you find it supportive here.

:hibiscus::cherryblossom::mapleleaf::rose::tulip: :hibiscus::cherryblossom::mapleleaf::rose::tulip::beetle: :hibiscus::cherryblossom::mapleleaf::rose::tulip:

I see the human race in the same light as @Nervous Rex .
So many are hurting others in an attempt to make themselves feel better by putting others down.
I live with one.
His forte is throwing everyone possible the finger, or screaming at them over something that usually makes no sense and calling everyone some nasty name.
He's really miserable inside and somehow this behaviour makes him feel the "big man" role.

I block those types out. That's my defense mechanism.
Welcome here. I find it a great place to unload the day's
burdens and unwind before bedtime.
Hope you enjoy it here too. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom