• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

60 years old Diagnosed two days ago suspected a week ago after taking aspirin test 152 out of 200

Pncast

Hello everyone. I was just diagnosed and now I feel I might have found people that I understand and may understand me. I feel I have imitated the rotten nt people all of my life. They were bad to me so I lashed back. Now I know why I am alone. It feels good to find out. For now. It comes and goes with the amazement that I hid it from myself even. I thought I was an alien. Now I think nt’s might be the aliens.

Hello and welcome! Sorry to hear you've had some negative people affecting you. Hopefully you'll be able to find some positivity here!

Thank you. Just side note on my life. I went from absolutely nothing to millionaire by 50. Could not stand the nt world so I got out. I just didn’t know I was aspie

It's nice when you get answers to questions you never realised needed asking. Welcome to the forums.

It's nice when you get answers to questions you never realised needed asking. Welcome to the forums.
Thanks for comment. this is first day on these things and already I feel I don’t fit in. I affend everyone by being honest. And I am very coarse after all theses years of frustration. So I think it’s too late and I should stick to myself again. But thanks anyway

welcome to af.png

Thanks for comment. this is first day on these things and already I feel I don’t fit in. I affend everyone by being honest. And I am very coarse after all theses years of frustration. So I think it’s too late and I should stick to myself again. But thanks anyway
I’m spending some time trying to patch this issue myself. You’re honestly doing your best, but your best isn’t good enough.

I too lashed out. Not for money, but for acknowledgment. In the technical arena, I proved my weird ways were significantly more effective and profitable than their groupthink traditions. Actually, I thought I would finally be accepted, but I was wrong. People worked with me because it was profitable or because they worked for me.

When I diagnosed at 68yo, I realized how much I had thrown away by trying to be judged well by largely hostile people. Oh well… live, then learn.

Welcome aboard.

I discovered I was "on the spectrum" when I was 62. The term they used was Aspergers and not autistic. It means roughly the same thing.

It is better to have an explanation than to curse the fates over why they kept dumping on me.

I was mid-fifties when diagnosed.
It was good to find answers and finding the forum here was a bonus.
I can be me and feel accepted with others when here.

Welcome!

New Threads

Top Bottom