• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

2020 - another decade is ending

Had our youngest child. Paid off our house. Our oldest child graduated high school, went to Argentina for two years, came back and got married. My wife got her teaching degree and got a teaching job. Her students love her and she absolutely loves them - I love hearing about her day.

The recession hit and I survived several years of quarterly layoffs. My employer got bought out, the new management cancelled everything I work on and know well. Big changes triggered a big freakout - I got into counseling and found out I'm on the spectrum. I have learned soooo much.

Got a few patents, solved some fun math problems. Got a personal math program working - trying to make it more functional and faster now.

Discovered straw folding. Discovered Brandon Sanderson and read every single one of his Cosmere books.

Of course, no discussion of when the decade finishes is complete without someone pointing out the calendar is out by 6 years (some say 4). So that would put us only halfway through the decade :)

I think I'm finally, only this year, starting to recover from the severe depression I had for most of the decade (and some of the one before that - 14 years of it). In the new year I'm hoping to find a place to call my own and be able to live there, with help or not. If I'm lucky I might even find myself in a position to start looking for a job again - but that really depends on how my mental health holds up (last time I had even just a part-time job, all the stress and stuff wreaked havoc with my mental health and put me in the hospital four times in one year, I'm currently on SSI and will also be receiving financial assistance from my parents, since you can't find an apartment that's affordable on SSI anywhere near my area).

2010- "Well, primary school was an awful experience. Hopefully secondary school is better".

2011- "I mean, it's better...but it's still horrible. Also, am I gay? Nah".

2012- "Guess I'll take up street dance. Oh wow, I am terrible at this. Also, my perspective has rather jarringly shifted on quite a few of my previously held stances. I broke up with a guy, but I'm not sad about it. My friends pressured me into the relationship, but I just don't see him that way. I think I might like women. Wow, this is a confusing start to being a teenager. Also, I am really sick of being bullied all the time".

2013- "I am sad about the death of my Granddad. Not particularly pleased about still being bullied either. Also, this is poorly timed but at this point I'm fairly certain I like women. I don't think I like men though. Guess 2011 me was wrong".

2014- "The bullying continues. I am truly sick of this environment and I'd like to move away from it. Started volunteering at a cat shelter. Humans are so confusing. Cats make more sense".

2015- "Did some work experience at the same shelter. Oh, and we're moving to a different area! I finally get to leave this place. To somewhere no one knows me. I get to start again. Started studying web design and multimedia. I'm still not in the best state of mind, but this is a big improvement".

2016- "Wow, I actually enjoy my education for once. I'm not being bullied. My friends genuinely support and care about me. This doesn't seem real".

2017- "I'm suddenly in University doing a foundation year. Made a few more friends".

2018- "The first year of my degree in Digital Media Production. I made it. Moved into student accommodation".

2019- Started my twenties. Wrote, directed and starred in a short film. Plus, I'm making product designs for clients. I have a group of friends and get along with a considerable amount of people. Definitely a big change from how this decade started for me. :)

Last edited:
I like the idea of '2020'

nice number pattern.

"twenty twenty" - nice repetitive phrase.

All rounded up and neat. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom