• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Worst Meltdown?

It was several weeks of daily mini meltdowns, several times a day. I was a caregiver as it was an entry level position in healthcare (was going to school to become a physician assistant). It started last year around this time of the year, and I eventually couldn't take it anymore, the job was contant one on one contact and it was obvious I couldn't understand unwritten cues.

Before the shifts, I would start shaking and go in to pre panic attack mode and it would snowball in to a big meltdown after the shift, then it was cry/get drunk/curl in to ball in the dark. This happened on an almost daily basis.

A couple days before new years, I quit and changed majors.

triggered when someone isn't reasonable and isn't up to listen and I can't resort to other means to solve the dispute. In a lot of cases I'd try to reason with someone

I feel the exact same way and the main cause of my meltdowns! I just cannot cope with unreasonable behaviour or ones who don't even take the time to understand or despite tons of information, would rather remain ignorant!

This happened when I was about 10.
There was one annoying kid in my street and everyone hated him. Usually those kids get bullied, but he had a bit older friend. Anyway, one day, I raged at him and kicked him till he fell on the ground. His friend saw me do it, but did nothing since I had my 'psycho face' on. BUT, the story didn't end there. I immediately came back home still filled with rage. I opened my window and started screaming stuff like: " *Name* is gay! He is crying like a baby!" And as the time passed, my insults were becoming more and more vulgar...

Nostalgia...

My worst meltdown was probably a meltdown combined with a panic attack I had a couple of months ago. I had been embarrassed in front of everyone in one of my college classes, and I went back to my dorm room and just started crying uncontrollably - rocking back and forth on my bed and making these sort of "distressed zebra" noises like "Wuhh, wuhhh, wuuuuhhh, wuh," and hyperventilating. It took me a long, long time to be able to breathe normally again. My arms, face, and part of the top of my head were starting to go all numb and vibrate-y because I was not getting enough oxygen.

Finally I calmed down enough to have some water, take some long, deep breaths and order a pizza...I'm certain that being hungry factored into my meltdown somehow. I'm thankful that my roommate was at her parents' house two hours way during that time - I probably would have scared her to death.

I have had 2 bad ones i can remember. The first one was when my 2-3 grade teacher took my forighn coins away and i fliped out. I picked up a table and threw it. Far. Thank god it didn't hit anybody. I also punched a hole thru the classroom devider. The seccond one was recent, last year. My father said i couldent go jetskiing and i shut down after breaking a door. I try not to break anything and if i do i always try to fix or repace it. I feel so bad when i do. I never self harm and i try to never hurt anyone even if they deserved it. Key word is try.

New Threads

Top Bottom