• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your personal favorite movie list thread!

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Here, we name our all-time favorite movies and celebrate the greatest of the greats!

I will start with my top five -

Ran
The 400 Blows
GoodFellas
Akira
Pulp Fiction

What are your favorite movies of all-time?

I don´t know if I can curtail them on 5 movies, because they are very many which I like, but I just pick 5 which came in my mind

Matrix
Terminator
12 Monkeys
Resident Evil
Harry Potter

even when not asked, favorite series:

Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Navy CIS
The Big Bang Theory
The Wire

I like whatever the chick I'm trying it impress likes. Oh personal favourites..!..I don't know, the list is way too exhaustive...I'll just list a few though.

Ghostbusters.
Animal House.
The shining.
Ferris Buellers Day Off.
Breakfast Club.
St elmos fire.
Wuthering Heights (1939)
Wuthering Heights (1970)
Wuthering heights (1992)
Muppets Take Manhattan

Yeah It's a weird bunch....I admit. I might have seen some more recently. Thats why they come to me.

tv show smile GIF by Chrisley Knows Best

I am not sure I really have a "favorite" per se, but two that come to mind is "Gladiator" with Russell Crowe, and "The Dark Knight" with Heath Ledger as the Joker.

Local Hero
Gregory's Girl
Harry Potter series
Pride and Prejudice 1940
The Martian
Pirates of the Caribbean series

Pride and Prejudice 1995 TV series
Dr Who
New Tricks
Endeavour
Silent Witness

Blood Simple
Raising Arizona
The Man Who Would Be King
The Bridge On The River Kwai
Cloud Atlas
Tampopo
Pinocchio (animation)

Let's make it 10.
Contact
Russian Ark
North By Northwest (though Strangers on a Train was chilling, and Family plot was Hitchcock's wry take on private eye tropes.)

Last edited:
Here, we name our all-time favorite movies and celebrate the greatest of the greats!

I will start with my top five -

Ran
The 400 Blows
GoodFellas
Akira
Pulp Fiction

What are your favorite movies of all-time?
Movies (currently)

Never ending story
The Goonies
The color purple
Passion of the Christ
Coming to America

TV series

Big bang theory
Friends
Mamas family
The jeffersons
What's happnin

Kill Bill 1 & 2
Fargo
Terminator 2
The Princess Bride
Spaceballs
Fargo and The Princess Bride! To see why the Coen brother's are top notch, see their first film, the neo-noir, Blood Simple. Plus, watching The Princess Bride I think I should be in my 'jammies with a mug of hot chocolate (with a little Schnapps). Terminator 2 was classic, but for sequels better than the original, I pick Aliens.

I forgot to add, the very first SciFi movie I saw was Forbidden Planet, and I was hooked. Nothing, except 2001 (Open the pod bay door, HAL.) or Interstellar (Docking - "No time for caution."), has more thrilling scenes of peril.

Every Neil Breen movie is basically my favorite. Or similar trash

Edit: actually though (aside from trash), lately I really dug Demon House and The Blackwell Ghost series

Last edited:
I like whatever the chick I'm trying it impress likes. Oh personal favourites..!..I don't know, the list is way too exhaustive...I'll just list a few though.

Ghostbusters.
Animal House.
The shining.
Ferris Buellers Day Off.
Breakfast Club.
St elmos fire.
Wuthering Heights (1939)
Wuthering Heights (1970)
Wuthering heights (1992)
Muppets Take Manhattan

Yeah It's a weird bunch....I admit. I might have seen some more recently. Thats why they come to me.

tv show smile GIF by Chrisley Knows Best
I gotta like the Muppets. I find The Rainbow Connection, and The Fools Who Dream from La La Land, to be eerily similar.

Somewhere in Time
Knowing
Contact
American Horror Stories
Psycho

Series I never grow tired of:
Criminal Minds
Supernatural
Dexter
Sanford and Son

Did a list like this recently so this time I'll list some that violently shredded my soul with feelings. So basically anything intense in some direction:

A bride for Rip van Winkle (i cry)
I saw the Devil (i hurt)
The Fool (righteous fury)
Hana-bi (slow burn pain)
Ichi The killer (i cringe)

New Threads

Top Bottom