• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Year's greatest AS achievement!

A fortnight ago I was told that I had something like 9 major achievments through out the year by a support worker.

Oh yes, I have a huge thing that I accomplished this year. :p

For quite a few years, I've had what is known as 'selective mutism', which is where you don't talk to many people at all.
Prior to this year, I opened up to a few close friends, speaking to them, once I got to know and trust them, and did simple replies of 'yes' and 'no' when teachers asked me something. :)

In the past, there were a few times when someone at school came up to me and said, "hey, I dreamed last night that you were talking to the class!".

Well back in August, that dream came true. :D
Now I talk lots. :D

I hope you're a total chatterbox :D amazing break through, I can't imagine how frustrating it is to lose your voice and often your feelings and opinions. Congratulations x

New Threads

Top Bottom