• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Xbox live with aspergers

xrobertxdavisx

Okay so does anyone on here have xbox live? Want to share your gamertag?

Mines Davhth4

I hate it when I am online and I see someone running to point B in call of duty but I cant talk on the mic cause I dont know but I am the same on the phone. I always get too shy. So I Feel I could help the games especialy call of duty more if I could talk on the mic but instead I cant. :(

Does anyone else have problems with xbox live due to aspergers?

I have heard on another forum that some have problems even playing with other gamers and such so wondered if anyone hear has had any issues or anyone trolling them on xbox live mics.

I don't have Xbox Live (Playstation Network user here  :p ) but I can relate to the mic problem. I bought the official PS3 mic thinking that i'd use it more, since my previous one was wired and awkward, but no. I just seem too shy to speak or else i'm worried how my voice will sound to others. 

As for the phone, I never answer our house phone because I know there's a 99.9% chance it won't be for me. I have a mobile but don't use that much either. Even when I do I prefer to text than talk.

My brother has an xbox but don't hardly get to touch it since hes LITERALLY stuck on it. :lol:

Same with the mic problem, when playing any games - world of warcraft or css etc, I have a lot of trouble involving myself with whats happening on ventrilo or teamspeak. :( Wish I could participate, but even if I did have the confidence to talk, I wouldn't know what to say.

I'm okay on Skype but on Xbox Live I just find the users REALLY irritating. I'd rant at them but tbh my family's down stairs and they'll just think I'm crazy for getting so worked up over people idk. There's been a couple of guys which I've ranted at but tbh I just cba. Also on PC games I get in arguments with the users there and stuff.
I'm actually pretty obnoxious when I come to think about it (Y).
I honestly can't stand >95% of the people on Xbox Live. I just mute the mic tbh.
EMZ=]

Meh. I tried Xbox Live once. I got as far as joining a race, then someone spoke to me and I freaked out and exited it.

I suppose that one advantage the PSN has over Live is that hardly anyone speaks in comparison. We tend to just get on with the mission rather than trash talk to team mates. 

Given that the PSN is mostly quiet (partly due to no official mic being bundled with the PS3) the worst I came across was a guy in COD:MW who kept acting like a police officer. It went something like this:

"Unit 22, Unit 22! We got an officer down! Shots Fired! Call for backup!" I was thinking like "This is the military not the LAPD" That's the only one I really remember. 

Apart from that, the other thing I don't like is people blasting music through their mics. Very annoying.

Meh. I tried Xbox Live once. I got as far as joining a race, then someone spoke to me and I freaked out and exited it.

You do know that you don't have to talk back? You can just mute your mic or turn it off.

Given that the PSN is mostly quiet (partly due to no official mic being bundled with the PS3) the worst I came across was a guy in COD:MW who kept acting like a police officer. It went something like this:

"Unit 22, Unit 22! We got an officer down! Shots Fired! Call for backup!" I was thinking like "This is the military not the LAPD" That's the only one I really remember. 
ROFL!!! XD.
EMZ=]

Seriously, the whole match he kept talking in police terms. Like "I'm in pursuit of the suspect!" "Suspect is on foot!"  You can't even drive vehicles in the game anyway. :D

*I'm paraphrasing some of this. 

New Threads

Top Bottom