• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Xbox 360 and DVDs, the DVDs keep crashing!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

My Xbox 360 console at my Parents' doesn't work online, so I just use it as a DVD player, but often the DVD discs are quite badly scratched and don't play, thing is though even if I clean them up they still don't always work!

Could this be an Xbox related problem or is it duff discs?! I can't afford to keep replacing discs that don't work as 20 odd years from their invention, DVDs still ain't cheap even second hand, not the ones i want anyway.

Can anyone help?

probably the laser on the xbox is buggered,you need to get it replaced.
the lasers on my sega saturn and my ps2 and my ps1 were terrible and rarely 'read' the discs,i didnt want to send away my consoles to be repaired though.

why doesnt your xbox use the internet? is it network banned?

probably the laser on the xbox is buggered,you need to get it replaced.
the lasers on my sega saturn and my ps2 and my ps1 were terrible and rarely 'read' the discs,i didnt want to send away my consoles to be repaired though.

why doesnt your xbox use the internet? is it network banned?

No it's not Network banned, at least I don't think so, I use the same account on the 360 as I do on my Xbox One at Home and that works fine.

I've asked Dad for a 500 Gig Xbox One for Christmas anyway and he's consented because I know where he can get one from a local Pawn shop for £120 second hand, and I have no problem with second hand gear as long as it's not modded or banned from Live.

oh good ,so you are going to have a good christmas then- i bought a second hand PS2
No it's not Network banned, at least I don't think so, I use the same account on the 360 as I do on my Xbox One at Home and that works fine.

I've asked Dad for a 500 Gig Xbox One for Christmas anyway and he's consented because I know where he can get one from a local Pawn shop for £120 second hand, and I have no problem with second hand gear as long as it's not modded or banned from Live.
at least you will have a good christmas-what games are you getting with it? ,120 isnt bad at all for an xbox one just make sure theres a good warranty on it and your covered if it turns out to be console/network banned.

the only problem with some second hand consoles is they can have dodgy lasers, ive bought most of my modern consoles second hand and ive struggled to get the discs to read.

oh good ,so you are going to have a good christmas then- i bought a second hand PS2

at least you will have a good christmas-what games are you getting with it? ,120 isnt bad at all for an xbox one just make sure theres a good warranty on it and your covered if it turns out to be console/network banned.

the only problem with some second hand consoles is they can have dodgy lasers, ive bought most of my modern consoles second hand and ive struggled to get the discs to read.

I've bought this year's WWE game, and I've asked my Brother for Final Fantasy 15 based on the good reviews it's had and the real time combat (I hate turn based).

As for the problems with second hand consoles, I bought my Xbox One at Home last May and it's still going strong.

i dont think you can go wrong with final fantasy;providing your an RPG fan of course,i love it to.

what about driving games,do you like them?
i tried the latest forza in a PC parts shop and i was in awe at the graphics and the gameplay.

i dont think you can go wrong with final fantasy;providing your an RPG fan of course,i love it to.

what about driving games,do you like them?
i tried the latest forza in a PC parts shop and i was in awe at the graphics and the gameplay.

Your equals you're.

I hate driving games.

I have 2 new gamer tags which now work online on the 360, Dad asked if he still has to buy me an Xbox One and I said oh yes please!

On a related note without doing a different thread, does anyone know to retrieve the account details of my Gamer tag on the Xbox One? I don't really want to have to start over again on 0 gamer points you see, and I have over 4500 points on my existing tag.

I can't remember what email address and password I used to sign up as it's a tag I've had for years.

New Threads

Top Bottom