• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Writer's Block

Jacki Cucinotta

Does anyone have that moment when you see some really cool posts on the blog, want to comment on it, but then get a horrible writer's block? My answer: quite frequently I'm afraid. And what makes it worse is that I have some kind of a plan of what I want to say in my head but then I completely forget what I want to say (usually due the fact that I often think multiple things at the same time like school, work, the songs I listen to, etc.)! I guess part of that is because, I admit, I do tend to multi-task too much.

Anyway, that's quite enough about me. Do any of you get the same feeling sometimes? Often?

Responding to blogs not so much actually. Quite often I'll just ramble away in a comment. To some it might sound a bit incoherent, but hey... that's how I am in real life as well, heh.

The moments I have a writers's block with is personal projects. I'm working on a multi-media project, but right now, it's going so slow... I'm not progressing at all, besides a few small notes and doodles in a small sketchbook I carry around all the time. The upside of it all, I know it'll go away eventually and I'll refocus on it, it just can take a few months for me to get back in again.

Reasons for me losing a bit of inspiration and interest in it are mainly stress factors as well as being distracted with other activities, that while they are creative endeavours as well, are not related to said project.

I managed to deal with it by trying to do things one at a time. Focus on this until it's done, then focus on the next. Multitasking always left me with half tasks forever. A thing I should add is that I will always look and judge if the task is reasonable to do. I'm quite sure that I cannot keep pure focus on school for 4 years straight... as a matter of fact, I experienced this. Usually, I've lost interest and motivation after about 1 week (first weekend break).

So perhaps you should try to focus on single things instead of wanting to do it all at the same time.

Same here really. I often communicate better through writing and stuff like that because I often tend to speak as I think things.

Yeah, I get it too. Often I know how I feel about something but find it hard to put it into words, so I don't write or say anything. Sometimes it also takes me a while to write or respond to e-mails because of this. Today I finally replied to a friend's e-mail after letting it sit in my inbox for two and a half weeks.

Are you on any meds? they can make you lose your train of thought, sounds like that is what happens to you

When I write a lot, I get Writer's Block.

How do I get inspiration again?

Just put down the pen or hands, do what we want... And then write the goodness we feel.

Ah. Stress relieved :D

I experience this quite often.

I tend to do my best thinking unfortunately while I'm laying down and trying to fall asleep, also while I'm laying down and have woken up but just haven't gotten up yet. I have thought up some amazing things while laying down both ways. The problem is, is when I get up, go make me a cup of coffee, or get up to write stuff, I tend to forget my train of thought, or think of something else. Dreams are like this as well. If I don't write the gist of the dream down immediately after waking from it, it's amazing how fast it slips my mind and I can't remember a good portion of it.

I experience this when writing in general as well. My thoughts tend to trail off and I lose interest, or think of something else and write that, but after reading it after writing, I think it's not so good, and try to remember what I was thinking of before to usually no avail. It's quite frustrating to say the least. I'd like to try my hand at writing a book too someday, but doubt my abilities at patience at the moment. Also the aforementioned problems hold some sway.

Yes.Every day :( i dont ever really like writing in any form anymore,and its always hard for me to keep up with commenting on websites and forums because of it.

upload_2016-8-8_14-59-15.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom