• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would anybody like to...

acstar

... talk on the phone sometime? I feel I need to ask someone about aspergers in order to get a feel of it. To see if diagnosis is worth it.

What is it you would like to know about the autism spectrum and aspergers? This is a safe place to ask about it.

What is it you would like to know about the autism spectrum and aspergers? This is a safe place to ask about it.
I know its a safe place. I have asked about it. I just feel like talking online is not enough to know how another person is. I want to be able to see if I can relate to symptom s in a more effective way.

A diagnosis is worth it,although it will not change who you are it helped me to realise.my limitations and why some things were just not working out.there are a lot worse things than being ASD

Just a word of caution; while I believe The Penguin has good intentions, be wary about giving out phonenumbers to strangers online.

That said; I'm really not questioning The Penguin's intentions, but just some friendly advice in terms of online conduct in general :)

I'm open for a chat on skype with anyone just send me a PM. I wouldn't mind a real talk myself :)

I'll discuss anything you like online. No personal contact, though. I have enough people calling and texting me IRL, lol.

Just a word of caution; while I believe The Penguin has good intentions, be wary about giving out phonenumbers to strangers online.

Absolutely. Presently in the US there's a HUGE amount of telephone scamming going on. I can only imagine the number of criminal mindsets bent on attempting to psychologically exploit Aspies over the telephone to steal their assets and/or identity. Be forewarned.

Apologies to anyone with truly good intentions here.

I totally see your point. Besides I didnt realize how frightening this could be. Atleast for me. All bets are off.

You're still more than welcome to chat with us online. I'm definitely out for a phone call, most of my end of the conversation will be spent going "Oh yeah um... huh?" Verbal chatting without being able to read facial and bodily cues in real time is one of my shortcomings, and even then I only have half an idea what we talk about. =P

New Threads

Top Bottom