• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would any of you try out nudism?

For a moment I misread this thread title and thought it said "Would any of you try out autism" lol!

Last edited:
I've been to few nudist beaches over the years, as I prefer to swim naked and hate sunbathing in a soggy bikini. I live near Studland naturist beach, go for walks around there pretty often, and I find it funny that there will always be a few naked people lurking around in the sand dunes, however cold or rainy it is. I wouldn't sunbathe/swim there myself though, too many meerkats.
My goodness! I cracked up at the fact that it's called "Studland naturist beach!" Pretty fitting.

What do woman nudists do when they're having their period? Do they wear tampons, or pads with underwear but nothing else, or do they just let themselves bleed everywhere?

Personally, I could never be a nudist. Not in a typical Canadian winter. And private parts are UGLY. Seriously, they are. All hairy and wrinkly and leaking fluids.:tongueclosed:

What do woman nudists do when they're having their period? Do they wear tampons, or pads with underwear but nothing else, or do they just let themselves bleed everywhere?

Personally, I could never be a nudist. Not in a typical Canadian winter. And private parts are UGLY. Seriously, they are. All hairy and wrinkly and leaking fluids.:tongueclosed:
I've heard a female nudist just wears either a tampon or pad with a pair of her panties. That's probably the most practical for them.

I've been thinking about trying it for years. It's not at all sexual, and in fact, there are people who might not really turn you on. But that's OK.
Here where I live (Nordics) nudity is quite common. People go to public saunas with strangers all nude all the time. Usually with the same sex, but some people share the heat with both genders.

In general I do not find it comfortable, but have not been able to avoid this kind of nudity during my life.

All in all it is enough for me to see my wife nude daily and at home (indoors) I can hang out nude as much as I want to, but can't see any reason why to do it publicly.

Sometimes I worry about what my two cats think when they see me naked.:flushed: But they're naked all the time, I just don't think of them that way, maybe because they're covered in fur. Maybe they think it's weird that I'm *not* naked most of the time. Or maybe they really don't think anything at all since they don't act any differently.:smilecat:

I think my cats prefer that I wear clothing.
One frequently paws at the sweater I am wearing
in order to crawl into it with me.

Sometimes I worry about what my two cats think when they see me naked.:flushed: But they're naked all the time, I just don't think of them that way, maybe because they're covered in fur. Maybe they think it's weird that I'm *not* naked most of the time. Or maybe they really don't think anything at all since they don't act any differently.:smilecat:
They just do not care. But ofc love if your cardigan is suitable for a bed while sitting in sofa etc.

I'd probably feel too vulnerable, as a nudist.

I may be transgender, am not male, in gender, but I am male, in sex (the gender of my brain doesn't match my sex [body]; therefore: transgender).

I have been kicked, and punched, in the groin, on several occasions. The attacks caused me to drop to the floor: curling up, rolling, and groaning. I fear that, in a nudist culture, spiteful or vindictive people would be more tempted to hit me, in the balls, since they're exposed. Once I've been hit there, I fall down, and am temporarily defenseless. I couldn't stop a person from beating the crap out of me, once that's happened.

They just do not care. But ofc love if your cardigan is suitable for a bed while sitting in sofa etc.
Not nudism, but cat/nudity related: sitting home alone in the altogether. Attention-seeking kitty joins me in usual next to me spot on couch. All good so far. Looks over and notices....something. Raises paw full of dire fishhooks for exploratory swat. As fast as Ive ever reacted to anything. Avoided "Cats vs Cucumbers, Cucumbers Lose Edition" by a whisker.

the only time i do this is when i walk around in my underwear whenever my brother & mother are not home & neither of them know about this,ever.

I guess I was a naturist when I was pre-adolescent age since there were a few times I took off my clothes to walk in our expansive back woods area by myself in the summer. I did that a handful of times and it did feel liberating. As an adult I did go to a nudist camp with my girlfriend at the time and her best friend (female) who was more like a sister or family member to me. I didn't really find that very enjoyable with all the strangers around. Plus there was an incident in the sauna there were a man and two women started to cross boundaries when what started out to be an innocent massage turned into something less innocent which made us uncomfortable enough to leave the sauna.

I have sensitive skin, burn easily and I find sunscreens to be loathsome so being a "naturist" doesn't appeal to me.

Not me.
I value the integrity of my skin.
I want to keep it in one piece.

If I were a rhino or some other animal, my skin would be suited
to the elements. I am not and it is not. Therefore, I will not
be "trying out nudism," except in the bathtub. It works out
being naked there.

I completely agree. You’d get sweat and dead skin cells everywhere. You’d also get cold, and...imagine sitting on a couch or chair that a naked person had just sat on. Yuck. At least wear underwear, nudists.

I’m extremely self-conscious and actually prefer the consistent feel of clothes on my body, dislike feeling the cool, flowing air and various textures all over my body. I could never force myself to just go around nude, even if it was just at home with no one else present and all the blinds closed.

I just thought that it was funny that everybody agreed how asexual naturism is and you cited a place named STUDland...
full
full

New Threads

Top Bottom