• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would any of you try out nudism?

HDLSeanWiley

Follow Uncle Gadget, Brain!
I've been thinking about trying it for years. It's not at all sexual, and in fact, there are people who might not really turn you on. But that's OK.

I've been thinking about trying it for years. It's not at all sexual, and in fact, there are people who might not really turn you on. But that's OK.
I am what I call a naturist.
Same thing.
I know it is not a sexual thing at all.
Just enjoy the freedom of the sun, wind, on my skin and
in fact I find it a freedom from people trying to be sexy.
We laugh and make fun things around it at one of the camps I go to.
Like the local bar and Karaoke is called The Butt Hutt.
A cafe called Hot Buns.
It's just so natural and nice to be free of a sex oriented
society.
Our motto: Nude is not Lewd.

Not me.
I value the integrity of my skin.
I want to keep it in one piece.

If I were a rhino or some other animal, my skin would be suited
to the elements. I am not and it is not. Therefore, I will not
be "trying out nudism," except in the bathtub. It works out
being naked there.

I get the part about clothing being optional. But do I have to pay for the guitar and lessons ? Is that considered a "cover charge" in this instance ? :p

Peter Sellers and Elke Sommer made nudism cool. -I think. ;)

Last edited:
In the right context, around water for example, I think it makes perfect sense. I've skinny dipped and been topless before and it really does feel good. I can't imagine myself playing tennis naked or hiking naked, that doesn't make sense to me. But if I need to change my clothes or am going to be getting wet naked is fine, as long as I'm not going to get arrested. Oh, nude art modeling might be ok, too but I've never been on the modeling side, only the drawing side so I don't really know.

Not me.

being naked there.
I wouldn't want to be making snow angels in the nude either.
As far as the sun, I've lived almost 40 years in Florida.
Fishing or swimming in the Gulf, and days out in the sun
gardening or walking in parks and theme parks, a lot of outdoor activities, and even in a bikini or tank top with shorts I've had many sunburns but never had skin cancer.
Others cover up with big hats, long sleeves and slather on the sunscreen and still get many skin cancers.

Hard to figure.
Maybe the skin type and amount of melanin reaction to the sun?

Not me.

being naked there.

Apparently it is suited.

What happens is more of a whole body skin/hair combo.

So if you lived nude you’d be a hairy tree - as element protection

My friend likes "naturism" which is now the correct word (well in the UK anyway), here is a link that tells people a bit more about it:

About Naturism - British Naturism

Here is information about a naturist society in the USA that has various events:

The Naturist Society

I'm personally not into it, but I agree that there is definitely nothing sexual about naturism and if anyone did start breaking the rules and making others feel uncomfortable at a reasonable venue they would almost certainly be quickly shown the door, most venues are relaxed but are also really strict about certain etiquette. Any good venue will explain everything to you on your first visit and some venues may even allow you to wear a swimming costume or trunks at first until you feel more relaxed and comfortable (if you wish to do this always ask before attending). My friend informs me that most naturist venues and events are very friendly, welcoming and relaxing, and no-one cares about what anyone looks like, people of all ages, shapes and sizes are naturists.

Here is one local venue my friend sometimes attends in Birmingham, UK, but there are numerous venues and events:

Clover Spa & Hotel - Luxury Naturist Spa and Hotel Birmingham UK

Note: Some serious naturists wouldn't find some of the common "nudist" jokes funny and may even think they're offensive, in fact, the fear of having the mickey taken out of them is what keeps some people away from naturism which is a great shame if they would have potentially enjoyed the lifestyle, this would never happen at any reasonable venue or event however. As I said earlier I'm not personally a naturist, but it is important to respect other people's interests and chosen lifestyles too as long as it causes no harm. Naturism overall is a positive movement that definitely causes no harm to anyone.

Last edited:
Yes, I would, if I could be sure that there weren't people around who are going to stare at me and it was warm... in the privacy and comfort of my own home, for example. But for me, the biggest obstacle to nudity is that: it's so damn cold!!! At least, in winter it is. There is a reason that people evolved to make use of clothes. It's an adaptation that allows a species originally adapted to the plains of Africa to live in cold climates. So for me, unless I live in Africa or in a warm, tropical country, nudity just isn't practical. Not to mention all the bugs that can bite you, or scratches and injuries that could become infected, etc.

I'm by no means a prude or anything, I just wouldn't feel comfortable on a nudist Beach or wherever.

Well unless it was full of seriously fit, very attractive young women :D

Yes, I would, if I could be sure that there weren't people around who are going to stare at me and it was warm... in the privacy and comfort of my own home, for example. But for me, the biggest obstacle to nudity is that: it's so damn cold!!! At least, in winter it is. There is a reason that people evolved to make use of clothes. It's an adaptation that allows a species originally adapted to the plains of Africa to live in cold climates. So for me, unless I live in Africa or in a warm, tropical country, nudity just isn't practical. Not to mention all the bugs that can bite you, or scratches and injuries that could become infected, etc.
That's why there's also venues with heated indoor facilities for when it's too cold out like the example I also gave earlier which was The Clover Spa & Hotel that happens to be local to myself, people may wish to watch the video on the front page, it may help some people to understand naturism a little better.

I don't sunbathe any more - did too much damage when I was young! But I used to really enjoy nude beaches. Loved the feeling of freedom and relaxation!

When alone in my own room, I am often naked. I'd like to try naturism full-time when I am 18 and graduated from highschool, tho.

Last edited:
Not me. I don't even like wearing sleeveless shirts or shorts in the summer. Not self conscious, I just don't like the feeling of being uncovered. I'm also cold most of the time anyway.

I've been to few nudist beaches over the years, as I prefer to swim naked and hate sunbathing in a soggy bikini. I live near Studland naturist beach, go for walks around there pretty often, and I find it funny that there will always be a few naked people lurking around in the sand dunes, however cold or rainy it is. I wouldn't sunbathe/swim there myself though, too many meerkats.

New Threads

Top Bottom