• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Workplace Bullying

Happened to me. As others say, document what you teach him, get witnesses for his behaviour, record it even in a pinch. This way you'll have evidence against him if he tries to undermine your position. Outside of your duties, avoid unnecessary contact and ignore stupid remarks.

Is this not classic narcissistic behaviour?
Sam vaknin on youtube seems to have all the answers on gaslighting and typical functions of a narcissist - i looked into my own behaviour once as part of research into narcissism and that proved negative. He will no doubt be doing this with others. I would keep as much distance as possible as he will burn up eventually. Good luck

Once you document, consider speaking to an HR representative for backup. You know your HR representative/department better than anyone. This may not be a good backup and could work against you if the HR personnel have a reason for favoring the one you are in conflict with. In a big company, it's less likely to work against you because there is less likely to be favoritism overall.

I was fortunate that I haven't been bullied in the workplace or while volunteering. I haven't done as much paid or voluntarily work as some, that may be a factor.
But in High School and college, some people would try and bully me. I think it's worse trying to bully someone being an adult, they should know better, no peer pressure although that's not an excuse and they should have matured.
Some examples of how bullies tried to bully me was laughing at me, talking about me behind my back, mocking my voice, staring at where I was looking. It's horrible. And if it's not witnessed it could sadly potentially happen again and if it makes you angry or/and stressed people won't understand why you are.

New Threads

Top Bottom