• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Working at a startup

Andrew206

Anyone on here work at a startup? If so, what has your experience been?

If you don't work at a startup, would you consider working at one?

I was the first employee (i.e. non owner) at a startup. Few policies so I had a LOT of freedom to do my work so I thrived for 4 years. I successfully built the support and training departments.

Then I discovered my Aspergers and made the mistake of telling my boss about it (I thought we were friends). Big mistake. I was fired soon after that.

My two points are that startups are a good environment for Aspies who can self-motivate. Revealing what NTs perceive as a weakness is a terrible idea.

I was the first employee (i.e. non owner) at a startup. Few policies so I had a LOT of freedom to do my work so I thrived for 4 years. I successfully built the support and training departments.

Then I discovered my Aspergers and made the mistake of telling my boss about it (I thought we were friends). Big mistake. I was fired soon after that.

My two points are that startups are a good environment for Aspies who can self-motivate. Revealing what NTs perceive as a weakness is a terrible idea.
Good points. Thank you for sharing your experience.

New Threads

Top Bottom