• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Work at home Jobs?

Didn’t the poster ask for stay at home work options? Why are some here giving her the exact opposite! Amazon? You work in a warehouse all day and work in a heavy, physically strenuous environment. Avon? You also work outside of the home. Transit of any kind, like medical, or even bus driving, is not a work at home job. Medical transcription- you must go to school for months or 1.5 years and get certifications (at least in the USA.). She could become an Uber or Lyft driver in the USA, but that is not a work from home job either, and a specific type of car of specific age range is needed. Pet sitting is a work at home job. Customer service (with the proper computer and telephone equipment) is a work at home job. In the USA try zip recruiter, as they have a lot of “work at home” gigs.

Part of my job this yr. was to work from home. That was good to be able to work from home. It was in a virtual office that we worked.

Came home from work today, and I had 2 sales on eBay! I am liking this very much. Photograph, write the listing, and upload to eBay when at home. Then let time do it’s thing.

I am on SSI, and have been unemployed since I was 23. That being said, I have done a few things for pay.

Avon Lady: so hard because I'm nervous around people and it's like I am allergic to pressuring people into a sale.

Babysitter: it's an ok job. But i am physically disabled, so my daughter helps with the busy work.

Selling books on ebay or amazon: good because you don't have to do anything in person other than go to the post office, and the USPS gives you a discount for shipping books.

Selling homemade kombucha on Craigslist, or really anything on Craigslist. (Meet at specific location, get money, leave).

+ the best part of doing these jobs is you don't have to report them to SSI unless you make a lot of money. And, unfortunately, I never did.

Selling on eBay has been a good way for me to make money in between “regular” jobs. A few hundred a week is a nice thing!!!! If I devoted full time to it, I believe I could do quite well.

But what do you sell? How do you maintain profitable margins?

eBay is my volatile outlet. I only auction items there, potentially earning little for my time. But I make sure my acquisition costs are next to nothing.

I am trading ripple crypto and stop worrying about my income at all. The process is quite difficult but there are a lot of platforms that can help you build a passive income and support on that road.

Do any of get to work from home? Can you suggest something for me? I'm an introverted aspie who is currently living as a subservient to my NT boyfriend. I'm so-so happy. I feel like there's more to life than washing dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning and sifting kitty litter. I would love to learn how to make money from home, but I don't know where to start. Plus, I need to be saving for my future, in case this arrangement doesn't last. It's actually hard work to be an unappreciated, unpaid homemaker. However, on the positive side, I am happy to be able to communicate with others via Aspiescentral.com and I am happy that I get plenty of quiet privacy. I don't have to get all dressed up and flustered if having a bad hair day (lol, that happens to be often for me). But, I still need and want independence which is why I was asking about trailer parks.

I'm currently in the same boat and am researching options, except I'm living with my mom. Web design, coding, writing, graphic design and social media marketing are well paid introverted jobs in booming fields. You can often teach a lot of the info. to yourself and work remotely.

New Threads

Top Bottom