• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Work at home Jobs?

Catlover614

Love Conquers
Do any of get to work from home? Can you suggest something for me? I'm an introverted aspie who is currently living as a subservient to my NT boyfriend. I'm so-so happy. I feel like there's more to life than washing dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning and sifting kitty litter. I would love to learn how to make money from home, but I don't know where to start. Plus, I need to be saving for my future, in case this arrangement doesn't last. It's actually hard work to be an unappreciated, unpaid homemaker. However, on the positive side, I am happy to be able to communicate with others via Aspiescentral.com and I am happy that I get plenty of quiet privacy. I don't have to get all dressed up and flustered if having a bad hair day (lol, that happens to be often for me). But, I still need and want independence which is why I was asking about trailer parks.

Most work-at-home jobs that I have seen are scams that want money upfront or door-to-door sales. If they don't require you to pay any money, there is no harm in checking them out.

I am quite happy augmenting my pension by delivering local free newspapers. I get paid by the publisher so no collecting from subscribers. I have also delivered phone books and worked for the US Census.

Avoid scams, but there are plenty of legitimate jobs that allow you to telecommute from home. Evaluate your skills, your strengths, what you are good at, and then start looking for work. If you're in the US, indeed.com is a pretty good resource.

I work at home, but I can't imagine truly recommending my work to much of anyone. Not to mention the cost to buy in.

Though it does seem for the most part the really lucrative, full-time at-home jobs require some degree of skilled labor. But then some skills can be learned by going through vocational programs...like learning medical bill transcription, that sort of thing. Real at-home jobs and not "get-rich-quick" scams.

I work at home, but I can't imagine truly recommending it to much of anyone. Not to mention the cost to buy in.

Though it does seem for the most part the really lucrative, full-time at-home jobs require some degree of skilled labor. But then some skills can be learned by going through vocational programs...like learning medical bill transcription, that sort of thing.
As in, it takes money to make money,huh?

As in, it takes money to make money,huh?

Quite literally in my case. I buy and sell stocks. But there's any number of reasons why I wouldn't recommend it to most people even if they are adequately capitalized.

Though a lot of folks here are into arts and crafts. If you have a creative streak and there are lots of seasonal craft shows, it's a thought. But then you have to market yourself along with your crafts. Certainly not my strong suit. Marketing myself, that is. Still though it sounds upbeat and creative if the conditions and one's skills fit the bill.

Last edited:
Do any of get to work from home? Can you suggest something for me? I'm an introverted aspie who is currently living as a subservient to my NT boyfriend. I'm so-so happy. I feel like there's more to life than washing dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning and sifting kitty litter. I would love to learn how to make money from home, but I don't know where to start. Plus, I need to be saving for my future, in case this arrangement doesn't last. It's actually hard work to be an unappreciated, unpaid homemaker. However, on the positive side, I am happy to be able to communicate with others via Aspiescentral.com and I am happy that I get plenty of quiet privacy. I don't have to get all dressed up and flustered if having a bad hair day (lol, that happens to be often for me). But, I still need and want independence which is why I was asking about trailer parks.

I would love to work from home but not sure it is a realistic option .

I have done it on and off for 25 years. Close to full time for periods in the last decade. Mine is based on buying selling items in a specific hobby. It is not always very profitable however and you have to be able to adjust, or just wait at times. The two qualities that make it doable for me are 1) Being extremely knowledgable, basically an expert at the subject. This was natural for me. I have been in this hobby 50 of my 58 years. :D 2) Good business sense. When you use a hobby as a business, its no longer a hobby. At least while your business is running. However it has only generated supplemental income, never close to what one might need to fully support oneself. My best years are maybe 8K profit.

Support.com offers work from home technical support jobs. The pay isn't all that great but at least you are free from the office tyranny.

I know some people who work for a medical transportation company. There's some degree of solitude, some predictability, (mainly just driving people in a company car to the local clinics for dialysis, to hospitals, medical centers, doctors.) you end up getting many of the same passengers over time, so that becomes familiar. I doubt it's super lucrative, but there's a need for this, and you are not in a crowded office.

When I did cyber school, one of them you worked at home from. Most cyber schools, you had to drive to an office.

I've had a few web design gigs that I could work from home, but they are not regular enough to stay motivated. I really need to be engaged to stay interested. I cannot find a full time job in my field. Afraid age has caught up to me. I am beginning to look at other options. I might investigate medical coding. I can do repetitive tasks if the pay is right.
Will check out some of those links.

Amazon.com is hiring for virtual customer service agents. You have to live in specific states but check here: https://amazon.force.com

I don't know if you live in the USA or where you live, but you may have a similar thing there. In Australia we have "nutrimetics" where you basically sell makeup, cosmetics, cosmetic bags and so on. (from home) I know someone doing this and they are doing really well at it. They put a lot of work into it though, so basically you get out of it, what you put into it. They started a Facebook group and they do all these competitions and stuff like that, and they post the products out to people. I know you may not have this is your country, but i am sure there is something similar. I hope you find something you enjoy!

In America, there is Avon (cosmetics), but they are controversial based on some of their biological ingredients.

Last edited:
Selling on eBay has been a good way for me to make money in between “regular” jobs. A few hundred a week is a nice thing!!!! If I devoted full time to it, I believe I could do quite well.

New Threads

Top Bottom