• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Words which may describe challenges familliar with the Autism Spectrum.

MROSS

Non-English words may do better jobs in describing those elusive concepts than the English language itself.

- Mamihlapinatapai (Noun) Yaghan (language spoken on the tip of S. America) : Supposedly means to "a look shared by two people, each wishing that the other would initiate something that they both desire but which neither wants to begin. Further details (short length read): Mamihlapinatapai - Wikipedia

- The German word 'fisselig' (pronounced as "fhistle fish" ) conveys a temporary state of inexactitude and sloppiness that is elicited by another person's nagging.

From the book, 'They Have a Word For It.'

The German word 'fisselig' (pronounced as "fhistle fish" )
I don't think this pronunciation is right. It should be "fisselich" where the ch is pronounced like the ch in the Scottish word "loch".

I like "Weltschmerz" meaning world-weariness. It's composed of two words, "Welt", meaning "world", and "Schmerz", meaning pain. Not necessarily related to the challenges of Autism.

Also, the Japanese concept of "hikikomori", which describes a state of complete withdrawal from society and social isolation.

My high school teacher had a very southern German accent which I picked up because I tried to be exact in my pronunciation. In the southern German accent, the - ig ending is pronounced much softer and sounds very much like - ish

LAGO is name of a villain but is used to describe treachery of villain who lies and cheats as opposed to just being bad and making life awful.

satire (or lack there of)​

/ˈsatʌɪə/

noun
the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Some of the robustness of free political expression in liberal democratic traditions derives from the interplay of shaming and shamelessness generated by satirical practices.

The dutch and German takeover of Anna leanovas work could have provoked nickname Lago......
The ultimate hypocrisy is history of abuse and slavery that raises questions. Perhaps a playright would better explain how tragic it is that some people have no savvy.....but it's never stopped Lago before!!!!

When we read or view a really good piece of satire, we are confident that its targets must have shrivelled up in their hearts and changed their ways—or at least that the public subsequently rejected them, leaving them to die in ignominy.

Lago not only represents treachery of lying but also lack of own creative satire.

(Person who copies back revenge without adding any new creative inspiration....it's as if they rewrote story word for word)

I don't think this pronunciation is right. It should be "fisselich" where the ch is pronounced like the ch in the Scottish word "loch".

I like "Weltschmerz" meaning world-weariness. It's composed of two words, "Welt", meaning "world", and "Schmerz", meaning pain. Not necessarily related to the challenges of Autism.

Also, the Japanese concept of "hikikomori", which describes a state of complete withdrawal from society and social isolation.
The Japanese concept of "hikikomori" is familliar with people concerned with the Autism Spectrum.

The Japanese concept of "hikikomori" is familliar with people concerned with the Autism Spectrum.
Largo upset autistic people due to lying and as many claim to plagerism.....when you creative you probably met a Largo who had evil eye

Why is Oktoberfest held in Sep.....weather? Why is it named after kings marriage when it was practiced before that date in Austria and hungry as part of Libra starsign.
Germans (not all) usually April and Taurus.
I suppose history books were written by those who won war and not for true meaning or real credit behind who actually invented what.
Like most philosophy or psychologists who were most keen to be famous? German psychologist never ate Weiner only stated money encouraged sex drive?? Or was that Swiss psycho-pseudo

Before Flemish the original gaulish dialect did not use French or rather Latin pronounciation outside of Belgium. Germany fell under 'Normandie' borders. But pronounciation shanged drastically (German did not exist then, they spoke Flemmisch)
It was also considered working class dialect, as mostly they hadn't received education, however lot of discoveries were from Egypt and had little to do with blamming Romans for this goon Gaul harsh pronounciation with sometimes overly descriptive words.
Examples: smeermiddel, snot en tranne, stump,
So most newly introduced consonant blends must have come from Scottish dialect (and antiques and horns and Vikings) where they were conditioned under Brittanica-latin to improve die woorde klink.

One I found out about last year is that the Chinese don't have a word for autism and instead use a word that means "one who isolates". So it was a popular joke there that during covid their government kept telling them to "be autistic".

When I joined group I tried to look at existing threads, I suppose the above falls under games/challenges. drugs must be an attention seeking topic as content hardly ever changes and despite being overdiscssed topic forever has repeating

Most asd agree no ABA therapy, although a diagnosis may help clarify issues due to history most preferred not to be diagnosed due to abusive care. All German related words preferred to be treated as Germans who complained about living under own system. Some even say due to lack translation to English that autism was first discovered by Russians but women received little or no recognition.
These German contributions are not a guide to any unique way of coping with autism and hopefully not inspire German nationalism

The right of asylum has constitutional status as a fundamental right in Germany. At its core, it serves to protect human dignity, but it also protects life, physical integrity, freedom and other fundamental human rights. It is the only fundamental right to which only foreigners are entitled.

As of German word...

• (politisches) Asyl
    asylum JUR POL

brachtenbaut asperger

Late diagnosed person 'who faced obstacles of living in world not designed for them' many of these birds not only learnt to fly but we're providers to others and set industry standards but we're known as Guinea-pigs in history books.
Famous Examples: dealing PTSD and not Waldorf but Montessori schools for disabled people.

Non-English words may do better jobs in describing those elusive concepts than the English language itself.

- Mamihlapinatapai (Noun) Yaghan (language spoken on the tip of S. America) : Supposedly means to "a look shared by two people, each wishing that the other would initiate something that they both desire but which neither wants to begin. Further details (short length read): Mamihlapinatapai - Wikipedia

- The German word 'fisselig' (pronounced as "fhistle fish" ) conveys a temporary state of inexactitude and sloppiness that is elicited by another person's nagging.

From the book, 'They Have a Word For It.'
They have a word for it

Was this French flavour or German? Generally during colonisation native people had no right so this infringes on mein Kampf of those who did not profit from colonies. It is also referal to how German composed famous music whilst native Indians died, and claimed this education, needs, ok way to treat planet.
So although freedom of speech doesn't force people to adhere to corrupt patents for some hearing German words from liberal book inflates those who suffered for existence of certain ideals such as this book.
Thank you for hearing why

SCSD - Social Communication Sensory Disorder. This should be the best label instead of Asperger's.
It's equivalent to the ADHD label. I mean, ADHD doesn't have a fancy label, it's just an abbreviation. It seems a disorder or disability sounds less threatening to NTs when it's abbreviated.
It would be much easier to tell people I have SCSD, as it sounds less serious. When you say "autism" it feels more serious than it really is for me. People would be like "oh so you're autistic!" And that word just stings a little bit. I'd be like "no, well, not exactly, I just have social anxiety that causes social awkwardness and I'm easily sensitive to certain noises...that's about it..."

New Threads

Top Bottom