• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Women on the spectrum

Wife is probably somewhere on the spectrum and I know for a fact I am. This has may have help our marriage in some ways. We're not clingy. We both treasure alone time. That means she is free to do what she wants and the same applies to me. If she wants to go on a cruise to Mexico and I don't, she goes and that is fine by me. Please have lots of fun while you are there! If I want to ride around downtown LA in the World Naked Bike Ride and she doesn't, I go on the ride and she doesn't feel threatened or abandoned.

Actually, it is the opposite of being each other's special interest. Making someone else your special interest can skew into being a stalker.

We're individualists who are comfortable with ourselves and often prefer to be alone. Allowing for separation has kept us together for almost 35 years.

@Au Naturel , @Suzette We'd drive one another nuts, and never would have made it this far if we had not been independent with our own separate interests and ability to respect one another's space. I think that was one of the factors in his choosing me as his partner, how happy I was to see him spend time with his friends and my dislike for being 'joined at the hip'.

Husband has said his past girlfriends 'waited up for him' and had an unhappy expression upon his return home.

I could never live like that.

When younger I had needier boyfriends, and it just felt smothering, and I ended those connections rather quickly. I was actually afraid they could become obsessive.

I like an independent friend/husband. That said, we each have our strengths in what we contribute to this partnership, and I am passionate about that, and take my end rather seriously.

New Threads

Top Bottom