• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wish me luck today - starting a new role

Keigan

Restless Mind
V.I.P Member
I have relocated half way across the US from Seattle WA to Joplon MO to start a contract as a Senior Project Manager within an IT department.

Working is a good thing my mind needs something to focus upon.

- shoes are shined
- shirt is ironed
- initiated their background check and drug screen yesterday
- dog has been walked twice this morning and we are relaxing on the back patio
- looks like an 11 minute commute

Congratulations on the new job, and for finishing your move and relocation! Any initial stress from those changes indeed can be replaced with much positive, as for many it can be fun starting new things like jobs and living in new areas, if the other ones were not working out for the best. We hope everything turns out well. With more responsibility, that can mean more confidence, and that can lead to greater things.

upload_2017-7-18_10-20-35.jpeg

Oh, my. Joplin? I have to recommend trips up to Prairie State Park. It's my favorite place and I am a bit obsessed about it. Anyhoo, it's just south of Liberal and north of Mindenmines. Bison, very elusive elk, nice trails, great staff. Goodluck and congrats with the job and move.

Thank you everyone. Today went well, spent most of the day going through self-guided training materials for work place safety as this is a manufacturing business.

Looking forward to getting immersed tomorrow.

Thank you everyone. Today went well, spent most of the day going through self-guided training materials for work place safety as this is a manufacturing business.

Looking forward to getting immersed tomorrow.
Cheers and well done!

Aren't you glad you got out of Seattle? Although visiting it can be fun. I don't see how anyone can stand to live in that place, High rent and traffic can be utter nightmares.

I wish you the very best of luck for "immersion" tomorrow and hope all runs smoothly for you :)

New Threads

Top Bottom