• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Windows XP installation question

Hmmm. Just wasn't my experience with either Corel Draw 3.0 or Adobe Illustrator 8.0.
Well, no offense, but 99+ to 1, it was user error.... or lack of user knowledge... you ran it in a gui in xp right?

with 7, did you right click it and select troubleshoot? If not, there is your reason for it not working

Well, no offense, but 99+ to 1, it was user error.... or lack of user knowledge

Well, if you get that app fully functional in Windows 7 let me know.

Yep, tried all the obvious compatibility settings/troubleshooting for older software in Windows 7. It wouldn't budge. Read about a number of hacks to make Illustrator work...had no luck there either. Maybe it has something to do with my video drivers...

It's not the end of the world, as I can still use XP to access my color printer wirelessly. But I have no Win98SE drivers for that printer....pity otherwise I could run some even older applications. My XP system has removable drive bays...co I can swap operating systems.

Last edited:
I grew up on CD3.0 and still love it.
Can anyone please tell me how to constrain ratios when stretching in AI or FH? Arghhh!
My experience of 'compatibility mode/settings' and 'troubleshooting' in all versions of Windows is that it leaves a lot to be desired. Nice idea. Doesn't work.

Last edited:
And textboxes! How do you resize textboxes in AI/ID without it stuffing up the character spacing?!
Gotta set myself an assignment to do in AI so I actually learn this stuff. But there is always a deadline and its quicker for me to do it in CD. CD just seems more intuitive to me.
Different is just different though, not right/wrong. Found myself a new aspie/NT metaphor :)
Getting off topic here. So returning to the regular program....

And textboxes! How do you resize textboxes in AI/ID without it stuffing up the character spacing?!
Gotta set myself an assignment to do in AI so I actually learn this stuff. But there is always a deadline and its quicker for me to do it in CD. CD just seems more intuitive to me.
Different is just different though, not right/wrong. Found myself a new aspie/NT metaphor :)
I will excuse your aspieness kind sirs :p

Well, if you get that app fully functional in Windows 7 let me know.

Yep, tried all the obvious compatibility settings/troubleshooting for older software in Windows 7. It wouldn't budge. Read about a number of hacks to make Illustrator work...had no luck there either. Maybe it has something to do with my video drivers...

It's not the end of the world, as I can still use XP to access my color printer wirelessly. But I have no Win98SE drivers for that printer....pity otherwise I could run some even older applications. My XP system has removable drive bays...co I can swap operating systems.

I dont mean compatability settings/troubleshooting.. I mean the actual troublshoot menu option. Huge difference

I dont mean compatability settings/troubleshooting.. I mean the actual troublshoot menu option. Huge difference

I'm guessing those apps don't like my video card or its drivers...NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti :

nvd3dumx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

I'm guessing those apps don't like my video card or its drivers...NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti :

nvd3dumx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Im sending you a pm
Sor
lol

New Threads

Top Bottom