• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Will Transformers: The Last Knight be more of the same stuff we've already seen?

AGXStarseed

The next installment of the Transformers franchise - The Last Knight - is due for release in cinemas on June 21st.
However, the franchise has gotten a lot of bad publicity and negative feedback over the years - from representations that are offensive in regards to race,sex or something else to people flat out accusing Michael Bay of just making the same movie over and over again without giving the audience anything new for variety.

In response to his haters, Michael Bay even declared "it doesn't matter if you say the movie sucks - you're still going to pay to come and see it".
Is that really the case? That someone can keep turning out a product that is lazily made and has been done several times before yet we for some reason will still keep splitting with our hard-earned cash to go and see another copy of a product when we've already complained about the previous copies?

In this video, Doug Walker - aka "The Nostalgia Critic" - has decided to do something different and do an "artistic experiment": seeing if he can predict how this new Transformers movie will play out and seeing how correct his is when the new film is released regarding whether it will be more of the same or actually do something different.
With Michael Bay planning to go up to at least a 7th film in this franchise, do you think he will actually do something different with this film and those that come after, or keep going until he, the movie makers or the audience decides "enough is enough"?

Last edited:
I feel like the movie will be more of the same, and it will likely make a profit.

I have never been a fan of explosion fests/special effect movies unless they have a decent plot. Unfortunately most movies (especially stuff like Transformers series) have crappy plots. There is many people that do go for the effects and then there is also plenty that go just so they can write a bad review (reviewers- especially ones on YouTube).

It will indeed be more of the same.

Not trying to be awkward here but when will the likes of Michael Bay cotton on to the fact no under under 30 cares about 80's franchises such as the Ninja Turtles or Transformers? No one cares about pants "reboots" of old franchises from when we were kids, the recent Power Rangers reboot was also crap IMO.

I feel like the movie will be more of the same, and it will likely make a profit.

I have never been a fan of explosion fests/special effect movies unless they have a decent plot. Unfortunately most movies (especially stuff like Transformers series) have crappy plots. There is many people that do go for the effects and then there is also plenty that go just so they can write a bad review (reviewers- especially ones on YouTube).

It will indeed be more of the same.

Not trying to be awkward here but when will the likes of Michael Bay cotton on to the fact no under under 30 cares about 80's franchises such as the Ninja Turtles or Transformers? No one cares about pants "reboots" of old franchises from when we were kids, the recent Power Rangers reboot was also crap IMO.

I've just checked out the comments on the Nostalgia Critic's prediction of what The Last Knight would be like...

According to the comments, he was pretty much spot on...that goes to show just how lazy the movie industry and certain directors like Michael Bay can be. Disappointing. :(

Definitely be the same,I only liked the first two Transformers with the third one being overkill and I do agree it will still make a lot of money because these are a classic example of a critic proof movie,no matter what critics say they are still successful.

Personally, I think TF1 and DoTM were the best ones from the series, with ROTF having good fight scenes but a terrible story, AOE was just junk and TLK just sorta felt rushed and scattershot.

New Threads

Top Bottom