• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wife is Aspie

Miguel

My darling wife is Aspie. Sometimes it is a problem but most of the time it is awesome being with her!
I guess I'm here because it can be lonely trying to understand what's going on in our relationship.

1668290200114.png

My darling wife is Aspie. Sometimes it is a problem but most of the time it is awesome being with her!
I guess I'm here because it can be lonely trying to understand what's going on in our relationship.
Welcome. Lots of us understand loneliness. Take a look around at our threads, or maybe post some of your own. Maybe your wife would like it here too.

Welcome.

I know my husband puts up with a lot being married to me. I need a lot of alone time and am moody and have been known to get pretty cranky.

Welcome!

Ultimately communication will play a key role in your relationship (as it does in any relationship) and if you're unsure about something, ask her! Many autistic individuals prefer direct communications and with so much variation in many things, having open two-way communication is probably the best way to minimize any potential miscommunications.

That being said, there is a wide spectrum of experiences and insights here as well. :)

Indeed. Mixed relationships are not an easy thing to navigate, no matter how much love may be in the equation. Where both of you at times must be willing to give well beyond 50% to make things work. Something I didn't figure out until decades after so many failed relationships with NT women.

Best of luck Miguel...and welcome to AF.

Indeed. Mixed relationships are not an easy thing to navigate, no matter how much love may be in the equation. Where both of you at times must be willing to give well beyond 50% to make things work. Something I didn't figure out until decades after so many failed relationships with NT women.

Best of luck Miguel...and welcome to AF.
Many thanks Judge.

Sometimes just say to her that l am doing my best to understand you no matter what. And figure out both of your love languages. If she likes you to cook, then just make some soup, or something simple. It's just the act only. Let her know when she does something you really like. Then you are both focusing on the good and great, and not the other. And remind each other the time that you met and rekindle those feelings of why you are so attracted to each other.

My friend in my life had a very chaotic childhood, his many fathers were abusive, and his mother was distance emotionally but did love him. I see that me just being me, not argumentative, and talking thru things are what he appreciates.

Welcome!

I'm on the opposite end, married to an NT. As others have said, it's definitely tricky and communication issues can really be a lot! I hope you gain some insight from being here :)

New Threads

Top Bottom