• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why is it ok for people to mock and undermine others who have cancer? (not autistic related)

I believe you have misunderstood what I was saying.

I meant discussion in general, in real life.
Not something on a forum.
Dude, you did NOT state IRL. You should’ve mentioned that much earlier.

I did not misunderstand your statement, I heard you loud and clear.

1696003756073.png

OK.

Clearly re-state the topic so that people can proceed from there.

I don’t need to re-state the topic, the OP explains itself anyway. All you have to do is go to the very beginning of the number selection, scroll to the very top, and read from there. Simple.

I've read the first post.

It doesn't look simple to me.
What would make the premise much more clear, to me,
would be a screenshot of the actual material to which
you allude.

I've read the first post.

It doesn't look simple to me.
What would make the premise much more clear, to me,
would be a screenshot of the actual material to which
you allude.
I don’t go by screenshots.

Reason 1. Posts often get changed.
Reason 2. This discredits the actual case scenario and is prone to more subject changing, as apparent on Twitter and other social media sites.
Reason 3. This will lead to MORE confusion, allowing people to believe it’s irrelevant.
Reason 4. It’s going to start another unnecessary conflict.
Reason 5. It’s pulled from multiple sources that is no longer accessible.

And that is why I don’t do screenshots. Still confused? Whatever. I’d rather be confused than to feel like I’m being scammed. Now please, with all sincerity, let me be, I’m exhausted and I’m not in the mood for arguing.

No, I just want people to stop arguing and changing topics!

Ok, it started with this question:

"Why is it ok for people to mock and undermine others who have cancer?"

And the answer is that it's not ok. The only people who think that is ok, are the ones doing it. And they are probably immature and just need to grow up. But the point is, the answer to your question is that it's not ok. It has never been ok, it's wrong and a little morbid. But people do wrong and stupid things all the time, it's just the way it is and has always been.

I don’t go by screenshots.

Reason 1. Posts often get changed.
Reason 2. This discredits the actual case scenario and is prone to more subject changing, as apparent on Twitter and other social media sites.
Reason 3. This will lead to MORE confusion, allowing people to believe it’s irrelevant.
Reason 4. It’s going to start another unnecessary conflict.
Reason 5. It’s pulled from multiple sources that is no longer accessible.

And that is why I don’t do screenshots. Still confused? Whatever. I’d rather be confused than to feel like I’m being scammed. Now please, with all sincerity, let me be, I’m exhausted and I’m not in the mood for arguing.

If you had taken a screenshot of the material
it would be a picture of what you saw then.

What may have come later is of no consequence.

If you had taken a screenshot of the material
it would be a picture of what you saw then.

What may have come later is of no consequence.
It wouldn’t be of consequence to the commenters but of that of the person who created the thread. I told you already, I don’t do screenshots because they’re often discouraged and easy to discredit, even if it was paraphrased. My OP is supposed to be taken seriously, it is not a joke.

And I don’t care how many times you convince me of such, I’m not doing the screenshots because it puts me in a disadvantage. No means NO. Now please leave me alone.

When it comes to citing information,
I prefer to see for myself, rather than
be told.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything.
I am saying what I prefer, when it comes to
citing information.

I’ve also encountered some toxic women on the internet AND IRL, though they’re not as often as my encounters with those that are men.

At this point, you are coming across as being toxic. You completely ignore people who take the time to reply to your thread and if people don't say what you want them to say, you become annoyed and tell them to leave you alone. It is possible that the problem is not always everyone else.

I assumed the OP question was rhetorical. Most people in their right mind wouldn't mock people with cancer, and they wouldn't consider it to be OK. Likewise, most people couldn't explain why random others might think it's OK.

I usually speak up if I see someone being bullied online or even irl. Depending on the circumstance, I don't always. Some people are more than capable of sticking up for themselves and they do so. I don't want to draw attention to the bad behaviour because that can make the problem worse. I might report something quietly, or I might check in with the victim later to see if they're OK. I don't always comment publicly, but I do if the situation is really out of hand. When I'm moderating I usually just time-out the offending person and talk to them when they're more calm.

Likewise, most people couldn't explain why random others might think it's OK.

There lies an interesting consideration. To set aside the alleged thoughts of "random others" and focus on something contrary to such a consideration. For instance to consider that some beliefs and prejudices are not likely to be random at all, but rather to be ideology-based.

Those who have their reasons, even if and when predicated on a bankrupt concept. A basis for any number of malevolent points of view being spread across the Internet through social media. Often made worse by those who choose to freelance such beliefs which may or may not be within the realm of specific ideologies.

New Threads

Top Bottom