• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

who use facebook?

I am on facebook, I have a link to my facebook in my profile here. Just tell me you are an aspie from here.

My son has made me a Facebook profile years ago: he thought I'd like it. At first, I added maybe 10 people I didn't mind communicating with, occasionally (my 2 kids, my niece...). Suddenly, my email became swamped with all these people looking to 'friend' me on Facebook. Most were people who'd remembered me from college or high school. (I graduated from high school in 1982!) I had no idea who most of these people even were & I was shocked that they even remembered me, were looking for me & found me. I got kind of freaked out by it all. Then came a parade of relatives: cousins I hadn't seen in decades, some I'd never known at all. I changed my name to something completely unpronounceable that isn't even a name so that now, only a select few people even know I'm on there at all. No more strangers emerging from cyberspace claiming to be friends & relatives.

Some people post their entire lives on Facebook & all kinds of information that could prove dangerous in the wrong hands gets added. Many people have become scam victims. I'm on there, but I'm extremely cautious.

My son has made me a Facebook profile years ago: he thought I'd like it. At first, I added maybe 10 people I didn't mind communicating with, occasionally (my 2 kids, my niece...). Suddenly, my email became swamped with all these people looking to 'friend' me on Facebook. Most were people who'd remembered me from college or high school. (I graduated from high school in 1982!) I had no idea who most of these people even were & I was shocked that they even remembered me, were looking for me & found me. I got kind of freaked out by it all. Then came a parade of relatives: cousins I hadn't seen in decades, some I'd never known at all. I changed my name to something completely unpronounceable that isn't even a name so that now, only a select few people even know I'm on there at all. No more strangers emerging from cyberspace claiming to be friends & relatives.

Some people post their entire lives on Facebook & all kinds of information that could prove dangerous in the wrong hands gets added. Many people have become scam victims. I'm on there, but I'm extremely cautious.

When I first started using computers about 12 years ago, I was highly freaked out by the social nature of the internet. It bothered me a lot when strangers would IM me.
I am happy to report that even an aspie can get used to it. Itmight even have the potential to be therapeutic.

I have one, but I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook. I love it because I enjoy indirect communication, but I hate it because it's so glitchy and that they keep changing it without user consent. Twitter and Google Plus are far better in my opinion but no one else is switching. My Twitter account and Google Plus account? Ghost towns. :(

I have one, but I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook. I love it because I enjoy indirect communication, but I hate it because it's so glitchy and that they keep changing it without user consent. Twitter and Google Plus are far better in my opinion but no one else is switching. My Twitter account and Google Plus account? Ghost towns. :(
I agree, I have the same love-hate relationship with Facebook because of the constant changes and how glitchy it is. I have noticed the same thing with Twitter and Google Plus. I have accounts on both but no one that I know has an account :o_O:

I follow a lot of electronic dance music artists on Twitter, so it's like a constant party on my feed because they're all touring at some point. It's fun to see what they post! There's a handful of my friends on my feed as well. Just not enough to deactivate my facebook account. :bored:

New Threads

Top Bottom