• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who is your most despised fictional character…..

I’m sure I’ve encountered irritating characters before, but I simply dont remember any of them.
I guess I go through the same thing. I don't remember them because I simply don't have the time.

Though, typing this message actually did get me to remember 2 of them, ironically enough. Initially, I actually liked those characters and disliked this other guy who treated them badly. But then, when the story shifted to the point of view of the guy I disliked, I found out that the 2 characters I thought were cool at first were actually total jerks so I hated them and started to like the character I originally disliked.

Specifically john malkovich as the vicomte de valmont in dangerous liaisons his voice made my blood turn cold

Specifically john malkovich as the vicomte de valmont in dangerous liaisons his voice made my blood turn cold

Definitely.

Did you ever see him in the film "In The Line Of Fire"? Another seriously creepy character John Malkovich played to the hilt as a psychotic black ops assassin.

Another such role played so well was Sean Bean in the film "Ronin".

A pitiful, lowlife criminal trying to pass himself off as an experienced mercenary. Completely outted and humiliated by Robert DeNiro's character.

The man with no eyes in "Cool Hand Luke". Not a single line of dialogue, yet his character sure made an impact with a rifle and a pair of reflective sunglasses.

Fiction, but she is so much like one of the middle school teachers here, it is uncanny.

Yeah. Kind of like our school principal when I was in the fourth and fifth grades. She didn't hesitate to hit male students with a closed fist. Mid-sixties in VA, corporal punishment was live and well.

Though she didn't have Delores Umbridge's wardrobe. :p

I guess the Umbridge character links to the Wicked stepmother archetype, that monster who should care for the child but instead is threatened by the child's very existence and plots to harm it. But there's that excruciating primness in such a version, the iconic way social norms can be championed whilst the realities of moral behaviour have been utterly betrayed. The Mary Whitehouse image.

It's shocking because so much that is held dear in the Motherly/gentle female archetype is betrayed. The person is narcissistic, evil. She works as a counterweight to the active protective, self sacrifice of Harry's mother I guess.

I still to this day have Neverending Story nightmares, and I first watched it in 1985!

So yeah.... these guys...

iu

iu

iu

I don't care for any of the Slashers.
They seem silly. Like they are just so fake and their purpose is to make the teenage girls scream.

The Godfather.
He represents the top of the crop for all those boring gangsta movies.

I guess the Umbridge character links to the Wicked stepmother archetype, that monster who should care for the child but instead is threatened by the child's very existence and plots to harm it. But there's that excruciating primness in such a version, the iconic way social norms can be championed whilst the realities of moral behaviour have been utterly betrayed. The Mary Whitehouse image.

It's shocking because so much that is held dear in the Motherly/gentle female archetype is betrayed. The person is narcissistic, evil. She works as a counterweight to the active protective, self sacrifice of Harry's mother I guess.
Mary Whitehouse wasn't a fictional character!

Some anime characters off the top of my head:
Yagami Light from Death Note
Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion
Killua from Hunter x Hunter
Rachel from Tower of God
-----
Barney the Dinosaur
Scrappy Doo from Scooby Doo
--
I'm sure there are more but my tv/movie memory is poor.

James Bond.

Could not grasp how other people found him appealing.

Ironic that he was a fictional character created by an author who actually worked in naval intelligence. A field of endeavor that demands that their operatives appear completely ordinary so as not to attract anyone's attention at all.

LOL..."BOND- James Bond."

Not exactly someone who maintained a low profile. The real MI-6 would have canned him.

Last edited:
I often find my most despised characters to be those who are more complex in character. For example: Raistlin Majere from dragonlance ( i have only read the first three books) as a character whom I don’t like despite his complexity; I hate how manipulative, calculating and cruel he can be and yet he seems to be a fan favorite.

Sometimes, the characters can be despicable for how realistically evil they are such as Gaston from Beauty and the Beast is also a realistic villain, considering how creepy stalker is his behavior is...Or Mother Gothel from Disney’s Tangled.

However sometimes I’ve read books or have played video games were the character just annoys me. Such as Sansa from ASOIAF(not a big fan of her in the show either but I hate Bran more!), Clariel from Garth Nix’s Abhorsen series (“I want to go to the forest”, I get it!), Sera from Dragon Age (dislikes everything I do unless it’s stupid selfish things) and Gideon from Gideon the ninth (what a sheer disappointment that hyped book was!).

And sometimes, I just despise a character for killing off one that I adored (such as Achilles).

New Threads

Top Bottom