• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who is you favourite Star Trek Character?

Counselor Deanna Troi.
That's a good choice! I feel like the series didn't really make the most of her and to an extent, Dr. Crusher. I noticed all those years ago when the final season of TNG was airing for the first time in the UK that Deanna Troi really started to get some quite decent story lines but literally only in the second half of the final season. I remember realising that she had suddenly started wearing a conventional star fleet uniform too, it had completely escaped my mind that usually she dressed more informally. It actually bugged me that she was the only crew member not in uniform when I first started watching TNG.

Data, and 7 of 9 are two I identify with, also the Vulcans in some ways, though they could seem cold, a bit lifeless. I enjoy humour. Probably with Data it's the naivety and the way he often was wistfully trying to join in. But he's also a super-brain. 7 of 9 had some similar qualities, tho did lack humour. I liked Chakotay too, he was quite an ethical person, and kind.

Data, and 7 of 9 are two I identify with, also the Vulcans in some ways, though they could seem cold, a bit lifeless. I enjoy humour. Probably with Data it's the naivety and the way he often was wistfully trying to join in. But he's also a super-brain. 7 of 9 had some similar qualities, tho did lack humour. I liked Chakotay too, he was quite an ethical person, and kind.
I think I identified a lot with Data's naivety too. He always has the best of intentions, but he quite often made blunders. I think the thing I also admired Data's lack of emotion sometimes. I think the episode is called Redemption where Data in in command of a star ship and his second officer is being quite prejudiced about his ability to command the ship. Data listens carefully to his request to be transferred and replies sympathetically "I understand your concerns, request denied." I wish I could always be so dispassionate in situations like that.

I think I can get too fixated on trying to please all of the people all of the time.

Gotta admit, I loved the Zefram Cochrane portrayed by James Cromwell in Star Trek: First Contact.

LOL...Not quite Federation Starship "material". :p

Last edited:
Gotta admit, I loved the Zefram Cochrane portrayed by James Cromwell in Star Trek: First Contact.

LOL...Not quite Federation "material". :p
He was really good wasn't he! :) Particularly when he muttered the immortal words "I gotta take a leak." Much to the confusion of La Forge.

He was really good wasn't he! :) Particularly when he muttered the immortal words "I gotta take a leak." Much to the confusion of La Forge.
Small wonder he had a "warped" sense of humor. Definitely a visionary ahead of his own time.

But it was a great part- and scene. I mean, how many historical figures get to argue over their future stardom?

Cochrane: "That's rhetorical nonsense. Who said it?"
Riker: "You did. Ten years from now." :D

And Lwaxana Troi.

You just know Nurse Chapel errr....uhhhh Majel Barrett aka Mrs. Roddenberry ate up that role. Certainly better than being the first officer in the original pilot. When Spock was smiling. Oops. :cool:

And Lwaxana Troi.

You just know Nurse Chapel errr....uhhhh Majel Barrett aka Mrs. Roddenberry ate up that role. Certainly better than being the first officer in the original pilot. When Spock was smiling. Oops. :cool:
I think they kinda retconned Spock's smiling in Star Trek Discovery. They sorta made it like he was more emotional in the Captain Pike era.

I agree that Majel Barret owned the role of Lwaxana Troi. She did a pretty good job to the point that I felt like she was almost like a good intentioned version of my mother.

Data, The Doctor, Q, Tuvok

I found Deanna Troi rather attractive :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

oh yeah chakotay, yes.
The Doctor was a great character actually! I really hope we will see him turn up again in Star Trek in the future! He was flawed but always seemed to have his heart in the right place :)

Speaking of Star Trek...
Did William Shatner, undergo all the demanding training NASA recruits must undertake when he went into space?

Nope. But then he didn't get into space courtesy of NASA. It was Jeff Bezo$ (Amazon) who personally facilitated this grand gesture allowing Bill Shatner to finally get to the "final frontier".

Though I was still impressed that NASA did facilitate former astronaut/senator John Glenn into once again going back to space...even at his age.

New Threads

Top Bottom