• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who Hates Math?

Sorry im the opposite.. at least im good at simple stuff. you know pemdas and the ilk. but later subjects are sort of abstract to me and it sucks.

My hated subject is english. but the honestly HILARIOUS bit is that on the compass test you get for a community college I scored WAY low on MATH (like pre high school) yet ACED THE ENGLISH BITS.

wat?

Also i love the bits about binary and octals and hexadecimals. They're very interesting.

!
!

Last edited:
While I don't hate it, most math tends to fly over my head. It's almost easy enough to understand, but without visual examples I get lost.

Maths is like exercising the brain in a different way than, for example, linguistics or music. For those of us who find it difficult, it's necessary to break through the initial barrier. I mean, for me, there were sleepless nights and a lot of frustration and I asked a lot of questions. However, just as you exercise a muscle in a certain way so it develops, the brain is the same. Main thing is to find a quiet, calm environment and then plough into it. I don't really like to do any maths that doesn't have a practical purpose but I don't mind spending time on stuff I need to understand for graphs and so on. And I cannot emphasise enough, classes just don't work for me. I need to do maths my own way or it would be too boring and I'd get psyched out.

For some reason I have never been able to grasp math. It fascinates me, but I cannot seem to make my brain understand it. I hate it merely because I cannot understand it.

I hated math in high school as well (I am presuming you are in high school due to referencing junior high), however, as I got older I fell in love with it and am now doing just fine in the Calculus series. If you are ever interested in talking, I would be more than happy to help you out, maybe find easier ways to approach a problem than what the school is providing you. From my adult diagnosis of Asperger's, I found out that my thinking style is extremely linear, so I had to adjust how I studied and how I presented information to my brain for processing. The results of it though have made my life a lot easier.

I am frustrated because I tend to mess up in math for stupid reasons. I will understand the theory and method of the problem I am working on, but I will overlook a negative sign, or something. I keep doing stuff like that, over and over.

Let's just say that I have dyscalcula and with that comes the hatred of mathematics. I am terrible at it. things that most people can do in their head I cannot. I am unable to do anything simple without the aid of a calculator. I just can't do it. Things that people think should be easy like money and knowing when something is off just does not process for me. Now I can do a lot of other things but Math is not one of them.

I'm terrible at it. TERRIBLE. I got all A's and B's last year, but a C- in math (would've been a D+ in the teacher hadn't removed the lowest grade). And that was in a basic math class. I can fly through the Advanced English and History classes, but math just kills me. I don't know how I can pass regular Algebra in my senior year next year.

I'm terrible at it. TERRIBLE. I got all A's and B's last year, but a C- in math (would've been a D+ in the teacher hadn't removed the lowest grade). And that was in a basic math class. I can fly through the Advanced English and History classes, but math just kills me. I don't know how I can pass regular Algebra in my senior year next year.
I don't know if it will do anything for you, but this site helped me https://www.khanacademy.org/

To add on to what Ste11aeres put up, here are some other sites :)

Purplemath ---> really great for Algebra, free, and explained nicely
Pauls Online Math Notes----> personally my favorite math website, has amazing cheat sheets.

If you ever need help with a problem, post on here, I know myself and many others would love to help others out with math. I have received help on here with programming, very friendly community :)

New Threads

Top Bottom