• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where're all the people?

epath13

the Fool.The Magician.The...
V.I.P Member
Just curious :)
I see lots of folks becoming friends with AC on Facebook, so I assume they're members here...why aren't they posting anything?

Just curious :)
I see lots of folks becoming friends with AC on Facebook, so I assume they're members here...why aren't they posting anything?

Our facebook page has more people than the forums. Some people do find the forums through facebook and join but most just add anyone/anything AS related as a friend.

I think us aspies would all be pretty absorbed in whatever we are working on. I sorta have a process of keeping up with my blogs, music sites, networks, and haven't quite yet gotten back into forum activity in full force.

When I first discovered the spectrum and my aspie traits... I was almost exclusively special interest mode reading my attwood books and posting on wp and here

there's another a. s. site with umpteen thousands that i used to write on and would get into harsh arguments about how it is wrong to abuse animals. i was stunned by the number of people who thought michael vick was a swell guy and animal rights groups are crazy and it's ok to abuse animals because humans are smarter.....that it's ok to torture animals to have cheap food, leather coats, fur coats.....that god choose humans to be dominant over animals in any way they wanted. i called some people names and was warned by the site rulers that i must stop calling fellow members creeps, jerks, harsher things.

usually it was just me and 1 or 2 others on the animals side.....except for the dozens of pm's i would get that supported me by members who never or rarely posted. when i asked why not join the fight, i would hear various reasons, but mainly no one wanted to get 'screamed' at.

fear of being attacked may be a great reason for not posting on this other site, but not on aspie central. i would guess most members here started or were co-members of this other site. a possible reason.

i left the other site about 3 months ago. will not go back. they do not want me, i do not want to be associated with a site where the rulers choose people who think abusing animals is ok over members like me who have tried to help non-human animals all my life.

I actually heard ...I mean read someone saying that they were getting into arguments a lot on some other forum... I'd searched for a nice Aspergers forum for quite a bit (not too long) before I got here. I'd gone to Spectrumville, I think that's the name and some other ones for parents of Autistic children but my goodness :) never mind...anyway believe it or not one of the major reasons why I stopped here is the website's design. I can actually focus on what I'm doing here :) and now it's kinda nice to be here...even though sometimes I think I should be keeping up with my responsibilities instead of sitting here and thinking what else I can post...but still :)

I was wondering about this exact question last week. I haven't been here for long, but it was awesome when people like Firnafth, Gonzerd, Google, Whale_Bone and even staff members Droopy and SuperBoyIan posted more often. Of course I can't tell why that doesn't happen anymore, but there seems to be an awkward correlation.

I have to agree with what Calvert said.

People on Facebook simply will join any group that has anything to do with their interests. Lots probably just notice the word "Aspies" in the Aspies Central group and that's enough to make them want to join the group. Heck, lots probably join the Facebook group without even realizing that Aspies Central is a forum.

Wow, I got mentioned above - my failure to post is all my fault because I have gotten so tied up in my gaming clan. Threads like this hopefully will motivate me to post more.

I haven't been here for long, but it was awesome when people like Firnafth, Gonzerd, Google, Whale_Bone and even staff members Droopy and SuperBoyIan posted more often.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll all become more active again at some point. For myself, I have been very busy over summer (probably the most busy/active summer that I have had) and socializing takes a lot of work and effort. I will most likely post more on the forums over autumn/winter when I've more time.

Hmm i must the only aspie here who doesnt know how to get on facebook and doesnt really want to as so many other people you dont know can take a dislike to what you have written. When im not doing other things i like posting on forums. It sounds like im the only one doesnt know much about computers. I hope this site stays open just cos not many people always post on here!

I'm never gonna be like one of those aforementioned folks who pretty much abandoned AC! Shame on you guys. :D

If I ever disappear out of the blue chances are that either my computer died or I died.

Last edited:
You know, there really has been a massive drop in activity on AC lately. Hopefully it just has to do with people going back to classes.

Just a few weeks ago it wasn't uncommon to see three rows of users under "Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours" on the main AC page; now It isn't uncommon to see just a single row:

Region%20%283%29_5.png

:S

I'm never gonna be like one of those aforementioned folks who pretty much abandoned AC! Shame on you guys. :D

If I ever disappear out of the blue chances are that either my computer died or I died.

I'm not planning on going anywhere either. If I do expect to be absent for a while (or on the forum less due to starting a new job or whatever), I'll mention that ahead of time.

I do wish that some of the people who haven't been active here in a while would come back. Of course, I think these things probably ebb and flow a little bit, and it may be that things are a little slow at the moment due to people being busy with school again.

Last edited:
You know, there really has been a massive drop in activity on AC lately. Hopefully it just has to do with people going back to classes.

Just a few weeks ago it wasn't uncommon to see three rows of users under "Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours" on the main AC page; now It isn't uncommon to see just a single row

I think AC has been going steady if I'm honest, every time I log on there is always new activity and posts. Sure, the number of people who log on will always fluctuate but it seems to stay around 15-25 anytime that I have checked. I'm just glad that the forum has continued to grow and I value the community we have here.

I do wish that some of the people who haven't been active here in a while would come back. Of course, I think these things probably ebb and flow a little bit, and it may be that things are a little slow at the moment due to people being busy with school again.

That is one of the problems with forums in general. People come and go and there's no obligation to stay. It happens all the time and there are a wide variety of reasons for people to leave such as: busy, job, school, no internet access, broken computer, no longer interested, nothing more to discuss, no questions to ask, sick/illness, fights/fallouts/bannings and so-on. Then others just think that it's time to move on to somewhere new.

I do agree though that there are a number of great people who I'd like to see active here again.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for the forums then do let me know. If there's anything that you would like to see added here that would encourage you to stay around.

New Threads

Top Bottom