• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where one goes....

Nadador

Against the current
Hi, All.

Call me John, Aspie partner of AC newcomer AdamR. Adam had so much praise for the people and atmosphere here that I had to check it out for myself.

My schedule doesn't give me much online time, but I look forward to gradually getting to know you.

I'm self-diagnosed with the benefit of a relative's professional opinion. As I believe Adam mentioned, I have comorbid OCD, Tourette's, and panic disorder that were clinically diagnosed in my youth. I've spent the better part of my life trying to figure myself out. Today, things run pretty smoothly most of the time. I have not had Aspie friends before so this will be a new experience. I could use the sense of community.

I'm grateful to my partner for making the effort to be here. He's been fantastic with learning about AS since our very first date. I hope my joining him here is all right with everyone. Looking forward to it.

Cheers!

That nice of you supporting your partner. Of course it OK to join with him too. Glad you decided to sign up.

Good question. I'm not sure but I think it was within the last year or so. But when I joined this site a few months ago, I decided to accept I'm officially an penguin. It was always an animal fascinated me since I was a kid. I choose Chilly Willy as it was one of my favorite cartoons and my name is William so it all fits together.

Welcome aboard! It's nice to see you have joined also. Well chosen avatar, name and title. Swimming against the current. If that is a riddle the solution is resistance?

Nice to meet you, John. I'm glad you decided to join us. Your partner, Adam, seems like a very supportive individual, and he obviously cares for you a lot. I hope you'll enjoy this group. I'm new here myself, and I already feel quite at home. :)

Hi there John :)

Nice to officially meet you. We've read much about you from your partner Adam, who's quite lovely, so we look forward to having you in our discussions as well.

Welcome aboard! It's nice to see you have joined also. Well chosen avatar, name and title. Swimming against the current. If that is a riddle the solution is resistance?

I'm very sorry, Rocco. I was here this morning and failed to check my own welcome thread. Adam had to thump me for missing your painting before now. I love it! Very whimsical. Adam has given me the nickname "Puzzle" and if ever a name fit perfectly....

Thanks for appreciating my little presentation, here. I did put some thought into how I would represent myself. "Resistance", yes...not going with the flow, and then sometimes I'm just backwards unintentionally. ;)

I'll have to snoop your Etsy gallery. I dabble in art, myself. Painting and sketching. It seems you have a fine hand. I never was good at acrylics. I'm too bloody perfectionistic [OCD] for a medium that dries so fast!

Thanks for the welcome....

Thanks to everyone for your kind greetings. I'm glad you like Adam. I tend to think he's a decent chap, too.

Everyone here is so friendly and generous. It's not a word of a lie that I feel like I've found a new family.

Welcome! It's lovely to see couples joining up on here, I wish my husband would, but that would mean breaking the 'I don't do writing' habit of a lifetime, ha! Anyway, lovely to meet you :)

Welcome! It's lovely to see couples joining up on here, I wish my husband would, but that would mean breaking the 'I don't do writing' habit of a lifetime, ha! Anyway, lovely to meet you :)

Having a private diversion can be good, too. Happy to know you. Thanks for the welcome!

I love your photo, by the way. The name "Sass" appears to fit very well. :)

John, nice to meet you. After hearing about you, we're pretty happy you've joined. (that's not the "royal we". That's my probably correct guess about the feelings of the AC community).

New Threads

Top Bottom