• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

where do your eyes go?

I typically stare at animals of any kind! Domestics, lizards, insects and other related arthropods, etc.
I've been doing the same thing ever since I was a child and have always been distracted by them! (but no complaints here lol)

That's a good question and I am not certain. I am so much inside my own head I fear I may not be looking at anything! Of course, when driving I am looking at the road and other vehicles though I do notice scenic things which perhaps I should not be paying attention to. When walking I believe I look both at the ground ahead and straight ahead up to about 20 feet. Today my partner and I walked in a park we go to regularly and there it isn't a matter of having to watch traffic or cross streets safely. We both tend to watch small children and animals, I watch the body shape and movement of the people ahead of me and sort of scan the side areas for birds of interest.
This is turning into one of those ask an aspie and she'll give you way to much information sort of reply.

Whilst driving, the other cars. Pedestrians, trucks and cyclists as well. Never at anything else, like the phone (which is an old-fashioned flip-phone anyway). It explains why even though I have been driving now for 30 years, I have never had an accident, or even come close to having one. You need to be alert to the stupid things that others on the roads get up to. Especially cyclists, they are the worst.

New Threads

Top Bottom