• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When the girl says I am too smart for her

Vanadium50

I tried to google "you am too smart for me" and all I got was when guy says it to a girl. But I have a different question: what if the girl is the one who says it to the guy. What is the REAL thing that turned her off? I mean, my physics professors don't have trouble finding women, so if THEY are not "too smart" why would I be? Is it supposed to be taken literally as in the girl thinks I am a savant who is smarter than most of my professors and will be surprised if she finds out otherwise? Or is "too smart" just a nice way of saying "too much like a robot" aka "lacks feelings" and then it has nothing to do with an actual intellect: my professors are smarter than me but they are not robots and I am so I am the only one that is smart in bad way. Or do you think by "too smart" she simply means "too arrogant about being smart" (as in, when I talk about intellectual topics way too soon it comes across as arrogance) in which case I am not a robot since robots can't be arrogant but that is still a bad quality just a different kind of a bad quality? Or do you think that the girls that say that won't be dating my professors either? What do you guys think?

It could be any of the things you mentioned.

She could be saying you talk too much about subjects she's not interested in, that you are too arrogant, that you lack empathy, that you don't have anything in common with her. She could just be making up an excuse because she's just generally not into you, but trying to turn it into a compliment in an attempt to not hurt your feelings.

Or it could be that she genuinely doesn't like smart people.

There's really no way of telling without asking her.

New Threads

Top Bottom