• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When love is based on text

Normal is subjective for many different reasons. Not sure l even want to be normal. Normal has it's own pitfalls. l prefer to stay unique and deal with my limitations.

I know a man that just went through several years of feeling so much love for a woman that those
words in your poem fit exactly.
He ended up calling her a great spiritual lesson. Said he learned much about himself from
the turmoils that went back and forth for such a long time.

His goal was a love that could be relied on and know that her love for him was the same as his was
for her.
He has a loving, seeking spirit. She never found that in herself for him and told him such.
They both agreed the physical part was great, but, her true desire was to have as much in the
material world as she could and ended up with a doctor who had the money to provide the material.

...I'm dancing with a shadow. Holding on to a dream that will never come true...

l know of a case similar- where the poor female just wish to put her head down at night. The free and beautiful spirit was unable to help her. As much as she truly loved the free spirit, finding a safe place to sleep was more important than ANY material things so l no longer judge if she tried to find safety in her lifetime. So sometimes it isn't material, it's safety. She also was a free spirit and almost died in one of the places she lived in. She suffered horrible PTSD as a result. And l don't judge her at all. But l know she has deep feelings for the free spirit but staying alive can become a priority for senior citizens.

Last edited:
Did l add the fact she lost thousands of dollars in the places she lived in that she could have used as an old lady? Such a sad story all because she loved a free spirit. She too is a free spirit but that didn't save her from men wishing to exploit her. Let's not be so quick to judge females. I have so much more compassion for females now. From what l hear, she cares deeply for free spirits but she is extremely untrusting of men in general. The sadest thing, she lost all of her treasured possessions, her beautiful used car was completely trashed, she even suffered damage on her self. Now as l understand, she is content to rot away in solitude and be by herself. But she lets me stop by as long as l bring her coffee and don't talk about anything negative.

Last edited:
I am not judging her at all. It was her own choice that what money can get meant so much.
She had more money already than the man did. But, she was physically beautiful and knew it.
She ended up making fun of the guy for being Aspie, not a real man, and would never have the
money to give her the life she wanted.
If she felt this way, I don't know why she kept on with the relationship for a year.
Maybe it was just a fun thing to her and that was all she wanted.
Some people, man or woman, can have that type of personality and will play others.

She always runs…
That’s how it seems
As we get closer
And become realer
She starts to wonder
To doubt
Can this be real?
Is he who he seems?
And the feeling disappears
Leaving doubt smiling

For who am I anyway?
Words on a page…