• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When I once obsessed over trains

Nope. The locomotive The General has been preserved, but the one which was wrecked on the famous bridge scene remained in the river as a minor tourist attraction until it was taken out & melted down for munitions in a WWII scrap drive.
Have you seen the actual General used in the film? The train that was wrecked, the Texas, I would have loved to have visited it in the river. Yet another reason to hate Hitler. :mad:

When I was a kid, I loved to play and see trains. Thomas the tank engine were my favorite toys I loved to play with. I had every set you could imagine. Trains made me feel strong and free.

I kinda met the athor who wrote the books, the Reverend A.W. Awdry. I was a bit too nurvous to talk to him so I looked and smiled at him and he smiled back at me. He looked a nice man. Think he was in his 90's or not too far off that age! My Mum bought me the little books years before it came on telly. The books were small but nice. They had wonderful pictures in them!

Have you seen the actual General used in the film? The train that was wrecked, the Texas, I would have loved to have visited it in the river. Yet another reason to hate Hitler. :mad:
Haven't gotten a chance to travel and see it (or many other neat artifacts) but any 19th-century machine like the Texas would be impressive to see in any condition. Wrecked or not, still would be drawing tourists if she was still there.

New Threads

Top Bottom