• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Whats your favourite memory?

richbebo

I notice alot of posts seem to be about negative stuff and sore subjects so i thought i'd make a more optimistic thread. What is your favourite memory?
Mine is when i went on holiday to orlando in Florida, it was amazing and so chillaxing, i went to disney world(at 19 years of age lol) and turned into a kid again, stayed in an awsome villa with a pool and cruised the long roads in the most amazing weather i've ever seen in my life(i'm english) listening to I'm Yours by Jason Mraz, aaah memories makes me smile whenever i hear that song.

One memory that stands out for me is when I went to America for the first time. It was my first proper holiday abroad and I met up with my Aunt and Uncle who had moved from Northern Ireland to Kansas City. They had been living there for years (can't remember how many) and the last time I seen them was when I was a young child. It was an awesome experience and exciting. We went to theme parks, water parks, shows, an American football game, a baseball game and did plenty of shopping. I would love to go back over there with my family if I had the money.

When I was 3 years old, before I started school, staying home with my mum during the day and listening to Frank Sinatra records.

Having apple fights with my cousins and swimming in the lake, climbing trees, running around with the dogs, long lazy summers in the countryside :)
Like 142857 said, listening to music. I spent ages lying on the floor reading and listening to 60s music when I was little. There was also this space between the wall and the cupboard in my room, underneath a high sleeper bed, and I used to sit and read in there for ages. Cool stuff.

Ive got several all time favourite memories but the main two that stand out for is when i went to italy in 2005 which is the only place abroad ive ever been to so far and even better than that. My parents wedding in 1999.

Meeting my best friend- we exchanged phone numbers and promtly started insulting eachother. I called him a flea-infested tater farmer, which still cracks myself up to this day.

Either that or sitting outside a hacienda in Xuencal, Yucatan(Xuencal is the name of a maya villiage, but that is also what they call the nearby archaological site) . There wasn't any air-conditioning so I was cooling off under the patio listening to two of the maya ladies speak Yucatec Maya while they were cooking lunch (I tried chatting with them but they didn't speak spanish and I was still learning at the time). It is the prettiest language I've ever heard and they were really nice about everything. Sadly, I hadn't started learning Yucatec yet, so I was still completely clueless as to what they were asking when they tried talking with me. Looking back, it might have had something to do with swimming.

Mid/late 80's when the UK was hit by heavy snow. I was little so naturally did not care about the rest of the country crawling to a halt, I went out and got my snowbuilding skills on :)
Everything just looks so peaceful and tranquil.. been fascinated by winter weather ever since

The years 78-82 were very special for me, there was always something going on, lots of family visiting and friends from school or family friends , always someone to chat with, I had lots of friends from school and we all lived close to one another and knew all the neighbors, Life seemed more social then , only one person in our area had a video recorder so we would all pay them 20p to watch the latest film about 25 of us and sandwiches were served, also my mum worked in a pub on saturdays and we would go there and knew all the customers it was a lot of fun. The music from that period has special memories attached to it for me. I also remember like simples above posted the winter of 1981/2 was very cold and snowy, it created a magical atmosphere and us kids were always playing out in it.

There was weeping willow in the centre of the front lawn of the place i lived as a young child. The top of the crown was about ten feet high, so it seemed large to me as a child even though weeping willows can easily reach 30ft. The canopy of braches reached close to the floor and created a screen between me and the outside world when I would stand close to the trunk of the tree. From that position I could see the world outside but felt hidden at the same time. I used to enjoy the sensation of running my hand past the wilowy branches, feeling the texture of the leaves gently brushing against my hand. The bark had a rough cracked texture which was enjoyable to touch too.

New Threads

Top Bottom