• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Whats wrong? Why are you so quiet?"

They also ask me that question too, all the time when I´m with people I don´t know. It´s just difficult for me to know what to say, to meangle into the group. That doesn´t necesary means I´m having a bad time, I would be much more comfortable if people didn´t ask that. I know they mean well, but it´s annoying. Why can´t we say "why you all people are talking so much, is something rong?"

I always find that assumption of shy and timid almost infuriating.
When I choose to be (mood dependent) I am actually much more brave socially and on
a whole than my friends NT or aspie. I don't know the meaning of the word shy if I want
to have or do something I go for it full throttle!:cool:

Remember the commercial years ago? "When E.F. Hutton talks, people listen." Well most people who know me well know that I only talk when I have something either profound or funny to say. Otherwise I don't waste a lot of words.

You were going into a very awkward situation. Even if it were all people you knew, knowing what to say in a situation where someone has cancer can be tough. Sometimes just being a good listener is good therapy. Kudos to you for having the courage to go into this awkward situation. Probably meant a lot to your friend.

New Threads

Top Bottom