• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what's the weirdest dream you had? or any dreams, really :)

do you remember your dreams?

• yes, i do :)

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • now and then i do if it stands out for some reason :|

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • no i don't. phooey. :(

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Had a whole set of dreams a few years ago that was more memorable than most. It started as I entered a property I had bought unseen . It was in an edge-of-town rural area that was probably at its peak around 1940, apparently cut off by a freeway some ways off a few decades earlier.
Entering the property off a minor road, a gravel driveway went through a bend and a large old house came to view. It had been abandoned for about 40 years but not vandalized due to the fencing. Old dark wood construction about 100 years old, two-story with high-pitched roof. Inside, there were obvious roof leaks but very little dryrot. I peeked into the attic to find a chaotic jumble of 2x6s in no apparent pattern for the roof rafter support- a complete impassable jungle.
Outside, went down past the house on the gravel road which turned to dirt. After a 1000 feet the road took two sharp bends and came to a clearing. First building was a large old barn in fair nick. The next 'building' was something that may have been a huge 30' high heavy-beamed old wood spectator venue, maybe for indoor rodeos- but much of it was missing.
Past that, another sharp bend and a 1940s-appearing large business appeared. Something that originally was an old car dealership located on a weedy-sidewalked secondary paved road that was not used much (perhaps overshadowed by the freeway that replaced it). This building seemed to have an occasionally-used auto-body and paint business.
The dreams in later nights involved much more detail and stories about the place.

Kind of wondered what the significance of them were.
Was the chaotic attic a reference to my autistic old brain? Was the main theme of a place long past its prime refer to me, who is also long past his prime?
If you have insights or comments of this, I'm all ears!

Most recent one (last night) was a really intense night terror where I had to escape from my captors by scratching and biting them but I couldn’t see. I woke up screaming.

Kind of wondered what the significance of them were.
Was the chaotic attic a reference to my autistic old brain? Was the main theme of a place long past its prime refer to me, who is also long past his prime?
If you have insights or comments of this, I'm all ears!

That's a very interesting dream, and I'm impressed that you remember the environment in such detail. I wish I could tell you what it means, but I'm afraid I don't understand much about dream interpretation.

Most recent one (last night) was a really intense night terror where I had to escape from my captors by scratching and biting them but I couldn’t see. I woke up screaming.

What helped me was reducing the bad energy, if you like, in my room. First thing I did was to get rid of all electronics, and use of electronics in my room. Try to only keep your alarm and lamps (lighting) in your room. Don't play music, watch tv, etc., using electronics in your room. And lastly someone told me to burn incense during the evening. If I'm not mistaken it was white frankincense. Maybe you could give it a try.

The strangest dreams might just be those dreams that match present, real-life situations.

I had one such dream when I was consulting (several yeas ago) with a therapist experienced with the Autism Spectrum - who was receptive to the thinking that dreams can sometimes offer important insights.

The dream was.......a typical session with my therapist - from my (first person) perspective. That's it.

It felt strange to discuss a dream I could describe in such a brief description.

i dreamt i was in an airport and i boarded a plane for australia, i had no idea why i was going to australia so i asked an old wizened man [he was white-haired but had an unlined bespectacled face with blue eyes, he wore blue jeans and a blue fuzzy vest jacket atop plain white button-down shirt] and he told me i'd find the answer in his iphone display, but when i looked at his iphone display black redaction bars came and blocked the images i was supposed to see that had the answers in them. next thing i knew i was exiting the airport and entering a humongous white building with an ornate facade of white stone. inside were legions of blue-uniformed security people, including the clerks dressed like cops at the reception desk. i looked behind the reception personnel and saw a football field's size room full of blue-uniformed security people at desks with monitors on them. then i went left into another similarly humongous room and saw something similar except for no hotel reception desk, just a huge room full of cops behind desks with monitors on them. then it occurred to me that i had not made a reservation at this hotel so it was useless for me to remain, so i exited the building and suddenly found myself in nature, in a grassy field with scrubby trees in the foreground and background at the top of a small hill, with large boulders here and there. i was wondering if i could contact my niece from back home in the states to get me out of this mess, then out from behind one boulder came a pack of gray wolves who charged at me, and just when i thought they were gonna get me, they went right through me like i wasn't even there. then after a period of wonderment, i awoke.

I recently had this dream where some horror movie killer was trying to kill me but I got the upper hand and killed him by just throwing a Barbie at him and he fell off a roof and to his death. I then just stood there staring at his body.

Another dream I recently had was that I was part of some heist involving a huge bank safe in someone’s huge home and we got into it rather easily by pushing over the guards who then did nothing. I think we were just taking back some stolen gem that was rightfully ours.

Sometimes I dream that I want to search for something on the internet or type something on my phone or computer, but no matter how hard I try to press the correct keys to spell what I want, it never comes out correct. So the words on the screen always look different to what I want spelt even when I press the right keys.

Maybe it means, I try to hard to get what I want.

All too often, these are real-life experiences.

I'm surprised I don't remember, or ever experienced similar dreams. Go figure.
Sometimes I dream that I want to search for something on the internet or type something on my phone or computer, but no matter how hard I try to press the correct keys to spell what I want, it never comes out correct. So the words on the screen always look different to what I want spelt even when I press the right keys.

Maybe it means, I try to hard to get what I want.

New Threads

Top Bottom