• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what's the weirdest dream you had? or any dreams, really :)

do you remember your dreams?

• yes, i do :)

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • now and then i do if it stands out for some reason :|

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • no i don't. phooey. :(

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
i dreamt i was with my late parents, they looked as they did when in their 30s. we were in this funny accordion-mobile car that would shrink and expand depending on how little a place they were driving. i took the wheel for a bit and was impressed at how smooth it rode over rough pavement and how quiet it was, then dad took the wheel from me and we drove into a pawnshop, the car accordioned down to fit through the door, and we explored a bit then exited the shop and the car accordioned back out to full size.

I had this really strange dream where I was working in a candy factory and I was working undercover to expose a drug ring inside the factory. I was given the task to push out giant gummy bears with the appearance of cranberry sauce using some plunger to push them out of a giant block. I wasn’t doing so well because I was trying to find out who was in charge of the drug ring and a nun was my supervisor and she was trying to fire me and I told her she couldn’t. She kept insisting I was fired and I showed her my badge which shocked her and I told her why I was there. Then I woke up.

my late sister appeared to me in another dream, or more precisely i was there in the middle region with my sister Debbie, there was short grass on the ground, a borderline of medium scrubby trees all around. all the houses were almost identical, i was in Debbie's house up there and i made a beeline for the bathroom, she told me "silly, you KNOW there's no toilets up here! you won't find a kitchen, either." she also pointed out another house there, saying "this belongs to a bad guy, even bad guys make it up here." this was after another dream where we were in her house up there, she directed me to reach into a cabinet and pick out a single frosted cat food bit, hold it on the tip of my finger, and that "bees" would alight on it, i was not eager to attract even heavenly bees [they don't sting but they glow like fireflies and don't buzz], but another family friend visiting there in his dream along with me, he did welcome the bees alighting on him.

Last week, I had a vivid dream. I was so taken aback, I said to the people, "Hey, we're in a dream." I double-checked the house. Thinking; Yeah, it's a dream. Yet very real. Normally I would wake up. But this time I didn't. This girl came to the door. I ushered her in. So she's in the toilet now. I'm talking to her. Mr. Mojo rising. Though it's kinda screwed up, since she's on the toilet. Then I go to the bedroom with her. Needless to say, you can imagine what happens next.

The weirdest dream I ever had was at age 16. In the dream, I was riding my horse from my parents' farm in Western Australia through the Swiss Alps to get to a place called Bunbury, which is a regional centre 80 km from said farm. I often rode my horse between the farm and Bunbury, through the state forests, but that day the Swiss Alps sort of appeared in the middle of it all, which made for a nice change of scenery. The reason I was riding to Bunbury is because a U2 concert was being held there, but a strange one - an acoustic gig at a pre-school. When I got to the gig, I had to find someone to hold my horse, and then when I got in, I started feeling that Bono was attempting to indoctrinate toddlers and that this was inappropriate. In the dream's grand finale, a toilet appeared in the middle of the auditorium, and don't ask me why, but I sat on it, and then became extremely embarrassed by the lack of cubicle, and trying to work out how to get upright again without making things even worse...:eek:

While we're on this topic: I hardly ever seem to dream about anyone "real" - not people I know, let alone famous people, so that above dream was really unusual. My dreams are generally peopled with strangers, although after 14 years of marriage, my subconscious is finally registering my husband and popping him into dreams alongside me a fair bit, often in alternative reality dreams, such as a dozen variations on: We have not yet finished building our house, we built it in the wrong location and have to do it all over in the right location, we inexplicably forgot about it and went to work interstate and suddenly remember about a half-finished house we urgently have to complete and quickly arrange plane tickets while hyperventilating with stress, etc etc. And then I wake up in the completed house going, "Phew! Thank goodness."

I've had two dreams about famous people in my life, that I can remember - the one I related in the above post at age 16, and one from maybe five years ago. I dreamt that I was working on a magazine article dressed in pyjama bottoms and "normal" top as is my usual officewear, when there was a knock on the door. I padded through the corridor barefoot to see who it was, and inexplicably found Robert Smith and his wife Mary outside our front door. We live in the middle of nowhere and while people used to get lost in places like this, nowadays GPS is common and that makes it really unusual. Anyway, I was suffering from cognitive dissonance at this development, and reflexively offered a cup of tea, which is a very reliable kind of autopilot-cum-social norm. The cup of tea was accepted and as I was ushering the visitors in, I became horridly aware that the pyjama bottoms I was wearing had a large-ish hole in them at the back, and ended up reversing along the corridor - the very idea of turning around was unthinkably embarrassing - while calling to my husband, "Bre-ett, please put the kettle on, I have to go change my pants!"

And that was the end of that dream, so I'm sorry I've got nothing more exciting to report... I'm far more likely to dream about haunted houses, and Brett about space aliens...

i dreamt i was in yet another strange version of my late parents' house, i was in the master bedroom's bathroom, and noticed shirts that had been set atop a dirty toilet with the lid up and the shirts' tails had fallen into the toilet water in the bowl, and i picked each one up with disgust and laid them on my bed.

thank you there, Callistemon :) i have had me some truly bizarre dreams, just a fraction of which i've listed here.

Just a lot of anger, a verbal tirade, shouting out two female persons, then they went away, one came back , someone in a flash car, I recognize , so I open door, 3 "goons" at door. Lot of animosity. Aimed at a male by the car. I'm still pretty angry. So I'm very defiant, and unafraid, But it's an ambush. I sense a sinister undercurrent. I try to diffuse, shake "goons" hands. They leave. Just as I shut door, one pulls a Uzi on me. I end up turning it around, and shooting guy , no remorse. I'm glad even. I'm like you try to kill me, I kill you first. But I start to panic, realize I've got a dead body on my doorstep, I better get out of here. Just a very belligerent dream.
Earlier in the dream, It was night, a Park, I got into a Limo, and guy was like giving me gold coins, and I was like tempted to compromise my values to be mercenary, and rough somebody up, be a "goon." And now 3 'mercenaries' come at me.
Normally If I kill somebody, it's a monster, a creature. Very rare to kill another human. BTW the 3 guys, were black. I don't know if that means; I want to kill the thugness, or those values, in me, ( ya know, A ruthless kind of mentality,..as so often depicted and glorified nowadays in rap music...it's really a sick culture, and that's not racist, that's reality, look at the deathtoll, the culture of death it promotes, but that's another story. )
Cause they were basically stick up guys, ya know street criminals, hired goons.
Normally Black people, don't appear in my dreams, maybe as celebrities. I was once lectured by 50 cent. I forgot what he said, maybe, "Get rich or die tryin"...who the hell knows.
It's like, part of me want to be a "better person." (I suppose altruistic.) But another part of me is very....'Nihilistic, (selfish' even.) Atleast that's my interpretation.

and i picked each one up with disgust and laid them on my bed.

I read this last sentence first. Things that make you go....hmmm

My dreams can either be; action violence, adventure, horror, sci-fi fantasy, romance, or triple x. Or just everyday mundane routine. It really is a spectrum. I think how you act in a dream, is the real you, devoid of any social niceties, masking. There a little peek in to my twisted imagination. The dream you, I believe is your raw psychic process, it's the realest you , there is. And I can be brutally honest with people, in waking life, If I want to. Of course It's much easier if you're anonymous.

My dreams can get very, very, bizarre.

Some days ago:
Observing a corpse, medical autopsy, pathologist fitting face apparatus. A celebrity. Face stripped of all skin, doctor reveals cover, shows entire body, slightly contorted limbs, emaciated slightly, like it's been in storage, decay, muscles, ligaments still intact, great disgust/sadness. Wake up. Left with strong repulsion emotion. I have strong stomach, but this was quite gross. Think; Hell-raiser movie.

The other day:
I'm observing this, fetus creature with human head, noodle limbs, pink, translucent skin, splashing it head with water, then it urinates in the water, it has no identifiable parts, non-dimorphic. Then goes to splash its head with the water again, I say hey no, don't do that. Try to stop it. There's a projector it's showing documents, this thing is artificial bioengineered. Chinese letters, serial number has 666 in it, very intellectual, its brain , advanced. People want it ask it questions, solve things. So they keep it alive, it's kinda like some horrible genetic experiment, but childlike, amiable, and very harmless. People gather around it. Cater to it. Like it's a celebrity.

Later..
Walking in slow motion,* street, crowds of walking people, I pass by them, look back, Grandfather, smiling, enjoying , cheery, he's very good natured, unperturbedly optimistic. Lots of people, I scrutinize them, it's bullet time in “the matrix,” unease, uncomfortable, thinking, why the hell, can't it go faster, I need to fix this. I start to feel anxiety. Exit street, cut off towards park. Near childhood home. Things go back to normal.

Later...
Childhood home. Room. Conversations. TV. Mundane stuff. A common occurrence; places from my youth.

Later...
Street...I'm walking...night ...argument....anger...I punch a sign, a pub sign..storm off.

These are fragments, scenes are constantly changing, characters, quite hectic. Almost impossible to remember everything, just too much details.

* very rare* I can't remember ever having slow motions dreams, normally tend to be normal to fast pace. Which is why it was odd and disconcerting.

You shouldn't really like my post. These are some sick and twisted dreams. My dreams are often dark landscapes, horror/ scifi action thrillers. :sweatsmile: But thanks, for the positive feedback anyway.

DREAM I had last night:

Needed to milk some goats.

One was sort of white, the other was brown.

Both were monkeys.

The brown monkey was used to being fed from a spoon, not
eating out of a dish. There was a milk stand.

I gave the brown monkey some food, with a spoon.

Getting a monkey settled into a milk stand is strange.

i have all different kinds of dreams, but rarely remember them. here are a few i do recall:

i'm driving a very fast sportscar (picture a ferrari) down a two lane road with no turnoffs. there are stop lights every 200 yards or so, and they all turn yellow and then red just as i get to them. i mash down on the brakes, but not soon enough to come to a full stop, and i go through the red light. this continues until i wake up.

(i promise i dont only dream about driving) theres a similar one where i'm driving a large truck on a small circular island, and the brakes don't work. i am slowly going around the island avoiding the obstacles, but i can never fully stop the car.

there was another one where a witch with magic eyes had captured me. she had a hundred and placed them all over, and i had to destroy them all in one night in order to escape without being caught. if i got caught the night would start again. i had some companions in this dream, but i dont remember who.

I had this dream where I heard the long version of Meat Loaf’s I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That) in its entirety despite the radio being off and me not owning a copy of the song in any form and the next morning, it was announced that he had just died. That was really weird for me.

I dreamed that my friend who is visiting me now dragged me to a used CD store like she usually does. Only this store had a million copies of a single album in stock - Snoop Dogg’s Doggystyle. Nothing else for sale at that store. My friend insists on going through everything they have in stock anyway. It was a hilarious dream.

i dreamt i was taking a ride with a cop or sheriff in his patrol SUV. he took me into the backwoods with terrible roads [bouncy] then we returned to the hospital where he had his precinct, we climbed the fire escape stairs to the main floor, i found two silver dollars on the staircase concrete but one of them was artfully bent into a sort of key shape. i gave them to him and he smiled and pocketed them. then in the next dream scene i witnessed a massacre, these people were lined up at the end of a target range as if they were hanging paper targets, they were being cut down by automatic gunfire and shotgun blasts, very bloody. then i awoke. i wonder what in the H that could mean??

The most recent dream I can remember is an extremely short one. It is arguably my least wierd one yet.

I was a little boy again, riding in the backseat of my abuser's car. She looked back at me and smiled that unmistakable sadistic smile of hers. Somehow I managed to roll down the window partially before she locked it, then kicked the window out before hurling my child body out of the moving car onto the Rube Goldberg machine of concrete overpasses and interchanges. I remember the fall, then the scream, the impact, then waking up.

I can not say for certain, but this may or may not be my first-ever lucid dream. I could have sworn I "heard" my girly nine-year old voice reassuring me "dude, it's OK, you can kill yourself in a dream!"

I can't remember any others off the top of my head, but the content is usually nonsensical "junk" imagery or anxiety-inducing tasks I'm cramming down into my subconscious, as opposed to the anxiety-inducing tasks I am fully aware of and neglect anyway.

Last edited:
I dreamt that I was running urgently from room to room, and in each room I found a gun and tried to kill myself with it. The first gun I put to the side of my head, but it turned out not to have any bullets. The second gun I put to the roof of my mouth and it fired out small puffs of air.

That's all I remember.

New Threads

Top Bottom