• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's the last thing that surprised you?

I may get my passport in as soon as two weeks. :S

This gives me a little problem, since I planned on getting it really late in the year and going through working here as far as December.

I don't want to quit too early since that obviously would be horribly inconvenient for them and they've been good to me.

But I don't particularly want to stay longer than I have to, if things are getting settled quickly in the UK. I'd rather stay with my family and look for jobs and my own place as soon as possible, but erm...yeah. Looking for jobs is difficult when you're overseas, too...

I have a lot of thinking to do on the plane.

My neighbor dying a little while ago. People came to take his body a few minutes ago.

Couldn't believe it.

I was surprised to discover that I weigh twenty pounds less than I thought.

how many years ago did you weigh yourself last time?

Probably not quite a year ago. I'd say 3/4 of a year.

I figured I'd weigh 200 lbs now, but I weigh just under 180 lbs (which is still quite a bit more than I weighed a couple years ago, though).

Probably not quite a year ago. I'd say 3/4 of a year.

I figured I'd weigh 200 lbs now, but I weigh just under 180 lbs (which is still quite a bit more than I weighed a couple years ago, though).

it just sounded (to me) like you hadn't put a foot on a scale for 20 year and then suddenly, boom, surprise :) well, I guess you've been doing something right then. I just remembered your posts about food, it's always some sort of healthy stuff.

BTW I thought I'd mention it here before I forget, I really like the kitty that you have on now :) I liked the 1st ones as well (or maybe 2nd?), cranky looking ones but mostly because of painting technique used. This one just looks very cozy :)

I was surprised to find a Wikipedia article on the Canadian show Northern Mysteries:

Northern-Mysteries---Wikipedia,-the-free-encyclopedia_1328733437943.png

It surprises me because that show is very low-budget and doesn't even have an IMDB page.

That show, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Blade Runner, and sci-fi books were pretty much my only sources of entertainment in 2006.

I can't believe that my niece is ten years old.

It's crazy to think that she'll be a teenager before I'm even in my 30s.

The percentage of irreligious people for some of these states and provinces:

Irreligion-in-the-United-States---Wikipedia,-the-free-encyclopedia_1331202670696.png

as some people might know already "the men who stare at goats" is one of my favorite movies. I wasn't sure to what level was stretched, today I decided to find a book and possibly buy it. I read some reviews. Some of the reviews were very negative, stating that author was deluding people, that the story was more fiction than anything else. One of the reviewers mentioned that Jim Channon was his cousin and that the "first earth battalion" was something completely different. And here're the videos (if anybody's interested :) ) from an actual Jim Channon (Bill Django in the movie) telling the story for the real "first earth battalion"
Here's Bill Django (orange shirt)
2295_5625690483.jpg

videos:

so, yeah...a little disappointing but... the movie still spoke to me for some reason... :) but I'm not getting the book :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at one way flights from Amsterdam to the UK in July, and...650 EUROS. O_O

London Olympics, apparently.

Anyhow, I kept digging and found some flights on Easy Jet for closer to 40.
But I'm paranoid now that I'll have to pretty much jump on those tickets in case they explode in price once it gets closer.
Cause that's ridiculous...

But now I know easy jet is a good place to look if I ever want a cheap vacation within Europe.

I was at work and my boss who tends to joke around and likes to bug me a lot tells me that he knows I like to play with toys (I do by the way) so he chucks a freaking ball at my head and It bounces off it. I was so stunned I just sat there for a moment. I think he was surprised I didn't catch the ball, but it surprised me. A Lot!

The last thing that surprised me:

I didn't know I've this habit of keeping two pens of the same type all the time.

I was surprised to discover that dog meat is widely consumed in Switzerland. I didn't think it would be widely consumed in any first world country.

New Threads

Top Bottom