• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What?

RemyZee

This is my life: "I am missing a shoe. Where did I leave it? What was I just looking for? My glasses? My phone. Oh. right, I'm looking for my shoe. How could a person lose a single shoe? What did I come in here to get? Is it time for lunch? Oh I know, I was looking for some socks. I'm hungry. I still can't find my.......headband? My....keys? My satchel? But I'm not going anywhere right now. Maybe I should go to the grocery store to get eggs. What do I need from the grocery store again? If I go to the grocery store I will need my missing shoe. That's what I was looking for--my shoe! What was I looking for again?

If you're extremely depressed, you can wind up roughly there; the sense that all directions are the same, so what was I saying, again?

NGE brought us the track "Be Good or Don't Be", it reminded that the world has a destiny, but a person has a choice.

This is my life: "I am missing a shoe. Where did I leave it? What was I just looking for? My glasses? My phone. Oh. right, I'm looking for my shoe. How could a person lose a single shoe? What did I come in here to get? Is it time for lunch? Oh I know, I was looking for some socks. I'm hungry. I still can't find my.......headband? My....keys? My satchel? But I'm not going anywhere right now. Maybe I should go to the grocery store to get eggs. What do I need from the grocery store again? If I go to the grocery store I will need my missing shoe. That's what I was looking for--my shoe! What was I looking for again?
Well if you take off your other shoe you won’t be missing any can just rock it bare foot :)

That has slowly become my reality over the last ten years.

My mother was like that, running late for work and searching all over the house for the car keys that were in her hand. The only time in my life I ever heard her really swear was when she was brushing her teeth one morning but instead of grabbing the toothpaste she'd picked up a tube of Dencorub.

We must be identical twins born to different mothers.

So true, very easy to lose things and forget things that is why having a clean space very important.
I have been losing things lately and with my illness..I think they disappeared.
Anyway I know you can lose so much, i do not always do very bad with forgetting and losing because I'm very organised.
But it can still happen particularly with mess.

The whole autism-add thing: seems like alot of auties say they experience both, which sounds strange because it seems like the two things are polar opposites. I think I experience both, and at times I've been so forgetful it's had drramaticc impacts in practical life and I've thought of going on medication for it . But I wonder whether the executive function thing for autistics isn't so much an issue of being disorganized as it is of being hyper focused, so basically nothing else gets through because a person has a one track mind and all of the energy goes into whatever I'm focused on, so I can't think of anything else: like shoes or the time of day etc.

New Threads

Top Bottom