• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What would you do if you won the lottery?

AGXStarseed

No right or wrong answers here; this is all your choice.

Imagine that you've won your respective lottery and were the only winner (we'll say the jackpot was 5,000,000 in your respective currency).

What would you do with your winnings?

I'd send every person I know on a years course in somewhere like the Bahamas, fully inclusive, entertainment every night, on the condition that they ALL do a personal development course!!!!!!!

I'd leave them all to it.

And i'd bugger off around the world with my journal :)

My wife and I buy lottery tickets twice a week. We have talked about this subject a few times, wishful thinking I suppose. First we would pay all of our bills. I do not think that I have been totally debt free since I was a teenager and that would be a wonderful feeling. Next we would share it with our kids. With the suggested five million, we could make all of our kids wealthy, make sure our grandchildren get a formal education and have enough left over to last us the rest of our days.

I'd live the exact same lifestyle that I currently live, but with less worry, and would donate a bit to thoroughly researched and 100% reputable charities.

Well, assuming that I would live another 40 years...(optimistically).

That would mean an annuity of $125,000 per year before interest (ha, ha, I'm funny, like interest exists any more). That makes for a fairly nice life. Plenty of travel.

(That said, I don't play Lotto Max unless the jackpot is over $40 million; Lotto 6/49 has to be at least $30 million.)

Buy a house, then my parents an apartment, then my grandparents an apartment, then pay off my student loans, donate some to charity and go on a holiday and the money would be almost all gone. (Housing is insane in my city)

Five mil. Okay, first my daughter gets her dream house which she already made the down payment on, paid off. My ex step kids and grand kids get sent to the treatment centers they need (three need help.) and, all of them get a new, moderately priced home and, a new family car for each family. I get 10 grand to blow on frivolous crap just because I want to. The remainder goes into my non profit ASD support organization.

i would start an adult focused support network for those on the spectrum (been a dream of mine for ages)
Sort my family out, set my bro up with an art studio, my sister with her own restaurant, and make sure my parents are completely happy in their old age.

i would also spend a lot of time travelling around the world, hopefully meeting some of you guys, bring some really nice coffee n bickies or something and have a chat n stuff, i would absolutely love to do this:).

Buy a nice cruising motorbike and ride some of the endless highways in America.

I would probably give some of it to my great aunt, as she has been struggling with ms for years, has had bladder cancer, is bedridden, and had a bad stay in the hospital for a few weeks last year. She could use the money to make her life a little easier. Then I think I would donate the rest to my local animal shelter. I wouldn't keep any of it as I've noticed that when people have a lot of money, they are less happier than before they were rich.

No right or wrong answers here; this is all your choice.

Imagine that you've won your respective lottery and were the only winner (we'll say the jackpot was 5,000,000 in your respective currency).

What would you do with your winnings?
Build two houses on #10 at Maywood, one for me, one for my beautiful GF Kim!

Invest it and double it, then invest some more. Donate a tad to a couple charities, buy a coupla houses, and what's left over, invest, then donate some more, and invest the rest.

Of $5,000,000, pay @$2,500,000 to the national and state governments, deposit the remainder in a Swiss account, and possibly find another country to live in, or not deposit the money and live 'off the grid'.

I buy a home,it doesn't have to be a huge mansion just a normal 3 or 4 bedroom home,I would like to move out of Sydney and live in Queensland with my husband and brother and not have to worry about rent again.

I don't gamble but if someone won the lottery and donated a tidy sum of their winnings to me, I wouldn't say no. Firstly I would pay off all family member's debts that I could. I would like to buy homes for family members but with house prices the way they are, I would probably have to stick to buying one house for myself-in Denmark. I would also give money to charities that provide ongoing training or similar. Lastly I would buy the materials needed to start a new clothing business.

I buy a home,it doesn't have to be a huge mansion just a normal 3 or 4 bedroom home,I would like to move out of Sydney and live in Queensland with my husband and brother and not have to worry about rent again.

Do you or did you really need to move interstate just to buy a house? This means you now live much further from Angel123 who might be a good mentor if you guys ever meet.

Buy a modest but comfortable house somewhere outside of Boston and move there, travel to some foreign country (probably Germany or Japan), buy a new computer with modern specifications, get a decent used car (preferably one with a good fuel economy that won't break down every two weeks), buy my father a house on Cape Cod and pay off all his bills so he can live comfortably and pursue his artistic passions, and probably invest the remainder into something that will ensure I never go broke again. Realistically, I'd most likely just order a metric shitton of commissions from hentai artists.

New Threads

Top Bottom