• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What would be the best jobs to work full time that don't require a college degree?

Ya Boi

I'm trying to find full-time work related to my major, but I haven't had any luck. Right now I'm thinking just getting a basic and stress-free full-time job until my luck improves. What would be the best jobs to look at? I've tried applying to be a librarian, because I thought working in a quiet place with not a lot of people would be nice, but haven't had any luck.

Machinest - tool and die maker. Union electrician. Technical drawing (Draftsman). All do not require a college degree.

Security guard. Pretty popular job among students who are looking for something that pays them while they're doing their homework.

It really depends on your inclinations and your opportunities. If you like riding a bike, you might just hook up a trailer with a bucket of asphalt, and put little patches in to fix problems that only affect cyclists. Sometimes, a little bit of effort can create a new, safer short cut. After doing that for a while, I think there's a good chance of raising money to do more.
That's just an example of how to find a need and fill it. I've done some official property management, and I've also rented a house and then sub-let rooms to cover all the rent. My ex used to go to garage sales where people just wanted to get rid of the stuff. She and her then partner would buy things that needed just a bit of cleaning or paint, and some patience, to turn a huge profit at their own garage sales. One guy I know currently is buying goods returned to Amazon and posting them on ebay.
I'm a retired engineer, but I'd be willing to hire almost any patient youngster to answer questions about my computer options.

I rented a derelict house over 40 years ago meet my wife as a tenant. both her and I had crappy jobs worked our way up.

I know not everyone can manage self-employment easily, but I don’t have a college degree yet and I earn more than most of my friends who do. It is also a relatively “stress-free” job that requires the bare minimum social interaction.
I only have to interact with human clients when I am teaching a dog training class, or when I’m picking up and dropping off dogs (but they are usually not even home when I get their dogs for the day.)

It doesn’t have to be a big business. You can make things and sell them, do odd jobs for neighbors, or offer services for a specific skill that you have.

There is a lot of demand for very specific skills in jobs right now. For example, I would love to hire someone to help me with grocery shopping, because currently, grocery stores traumatize me so much that I only go once a month and spend a few hundred dollars. I would love to have some type of aide or companion who can help me with that, like how some elderly people have “helpers.”
Grocery shopping makes my anxiety so bad that even having a service dog is not enough, because then I worry that everyone is mad at my service dog for being in the way.
I wish there was a solution, but I cannot find this type of assistance for someone who needs no support otherwise, or is under 50 years old.

This is just an example, but you never know what kind of job someone has a demand for!

I know not everyone can manage self-employment easily, but I don’t have a college degree yet and I earn more than most of my friends who do. It is also a relatively “stress-free” job that requires the bare minimum social interaction.
I only have to interact with human clients when I am teaching a dog training class, or when I’m picking up and dropping off dogs (but they are usually not even home when I get their dogs for the day.)

It doesn’t have to be a big business. You can make things and sell them, do odd jobs for neighbors, or offer services for a specific skill that you have.

There is a lot of demand for very specific skills in jobs right now. For example, I would love to hire someone to help me with grocery shopping, because currently, grocery stores traumatize me so much that I only go once a month and spend a few hundred dollars. I would love to have some type of aide or companion who can help me with that, like how some elderly people have “helpers.”
Grocery shopping makes my anxiety so bad that even having a service dog is not enough, because then I worry that everyone is mad at my service dog for being in the way.
I wish there was a solution, but I cannot find this type of assistance for someone who needs no support otherwise, or is under 50 years old.

This is just an example, but you never know what kind of job someone has a demand for!
Maybe you missed an opportunity. I too do most of my grocery shopping monthly, because it involves travel, but during Covid, my store joined many in offering both pick up and delivery services. I'd just send my order by email, and get one phone call from the order picker about the stock adjustments. Before they get all out of practice, maybe your big orders can still get that perk.

Maybe you missed an opportunity. I too do most of my grocery shopping monthly, because it involves travel, but during Covid, my store joined many in offering both pick up and delivery services. I'd just send my order by email, and get one phone call from the order picker about the stock adjustments. Before they get all out of practice, maybe your big orders can still get that perk.
Yeah, I do normally get curbside pickup at the big supermarket chains here, but the smaller local groceries usually don’t have it so I kind of have to go in, unfortunately.

Most of what you can really get at the “superstore” chains here is just junk food. I usually like to buy ingredients and cook, so I end up going to smaller shops (or Trader Joe’s, which doesn’t have pickup or delivery in my area.)
Whole Foods does have pickup and delivery though.

Thanks for thinking of it though, I appreciate it!

New Threads

Top Bottom