• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What web browsers do you use?

I was using the Firefox 4.0 nightly build but most of my extensions stopped working. I had gone into about:config and made it not check extension compatibility already too. So I'm using Google Chrome for now because I need the LastPass extension.

Pale Moon, which is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser.

Firefox was working like **** for me, so I figured I'd try something else out. Pale Moon is noticeably faster than Firefox was. I think I'll stick to using it.

View attachment 2144
Not sure I find it better than Firefox yet but thought I'd try it out!

I had a feeling you'd try it out. Hopefully it'll work good for you too.

If you use a 64-bit version of Windows, you may also want to try out Waterfox which some people claim works great.

waterfox-472345-1317101069.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a 64 bit version of Windows but it seems to need some other software sorting out before Waterfox will run, trying to do that at the moment!

Still using Opera, current version being 11.60. I also sometimes use Chrome but I prefer Opera.

Currently trying Waterfox, seems to work fairly well on my system. Thanks to Ailas for recommendation!

I've reverted to Firefox 3.6 (well, actually Pale Moon 3.6 . . . but Pale Moon is essentially Firefox -- an optimized Firefox). Firefox 9.1 was slowing my computer down too much.

I hate having to use old versions of software, especially old web browser versions, and think it's due time for me to get a new computer (or two. I'm pondering getting both a laptop and a netbook to use as a backup in the event that my laptop breaks).

I'll try updating Firefox to the latest version in a month or two, but if it continues being slow for me I'll stick to using version 3.6 until getting a new computer.

sshot-2.png

Last edited:
I use google chrome, I like the simplicity of it, I used to use firefox but all the different bits and pieces just distracted me and then it stopped working properly so I gave up using it.

I use Chrome now. Back when I had a reinstall 6 months ago I decided to install it and give it a try. Stuck with it since. However, I have IE, Safari and Firefox installed just in case I might have to look into some weird html compatibility issues if I'm doing something webdesign work.

When I get a new computer I'll probably start using Waterfox. I've been reading lots of good things about it and really want to try it out.

I don't use it now because it's only available for 64-bit versions of Windows. I don't have a 64-bit professor and thus can't run 64-bit operating systems.

New Threads

Top Bottom