• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What to do if I have a large stomach

That was one of the things I was taught at the physio to strengthen my abdominal muscles to help my breathing. It also encourages you to correct your posture as well.

I have horrible posture, and my mother still tells me to straighten up just like she did when I was a child! Posture is something I have to learn to keep in mind, just like I have to keep reminding myself to relax my face muscles when I go out so that I don't look crabby. I feel like I walk around with a nagging voice in head. I think it might be my mom's!

I am not sure if my stomach is actually large but it seems like it since it takes longer to fill it up than most people. There could be other reasons for this. I probably eat about 2-4 serves of vegetables a day although I'm supposed to have 5 but there aren't really that much vegetables in the house which I could easily have as a snack or anything so I usually have other healthy foods. What do I do?
Just quickly, ASP and hypothalamus delay are linked I'm pretty sure. So your body might just be late in telling you that you've eaten... stomachs can shrink back, and take usually 4 hours to empty. Gluten is evil

I do not have to be as careful of my weight now since I don't perform on stage anymore but, for a long time I had to maintain no more than 49 kg (110 Lbs) on my 5 ft, 4 inch frame. Not easy to do with my metabolism but, I did it while on the road, traveling 9 months out of the year.

First, before every meal, drink 16 ounces of Ice water, that is a 16 Oz glass filled with ice and whatever water will fit. Drink all of the water before eating a bite, then let the ice melt for sips between bites of food. Chew every bite 40 times. I know that is a lot, but it helps you slow down. put your fork or spoon down between each bite, it also slows you down.

The cold water makes your stomach contract so, it won't stretch as fast and, eating slower means your brain has time to register that you are full before you put more food in your mouth. I would bet that you will find yourself eating normal potions within a week.

You are a teen so, don't forget that you need three meals and at least two snack a day. keep it healthy with plenty of protein, fruits and vegetables. A treat 2 or 3 times a week is fine, have that pastry or that soda pop now and then, just don't go overboard on the treats.

I still drink my water, but being older, I have gained a few pounds and am at 63kg (140 lbs). I'm not as active as I used to be and, have not altered my diet to compensate for that, it isn't that important to me to be thin now, being comfortably plump is fine.

New Threads

Top Bottom