• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What song are you listening to right now?

Butt Trumpet - I've Been So Mad Lately

Look it up on YouTube if you're curious, we can't post this song here, though.

As sleek as a shriek
Spinning 'round and 'round
Always take a big bite
It's such a gorgeous sight
To see you eat in the middle of the night
You can never get enough

I've described my brain's inability to "filter" sounds to the background represented very well in this song starting at 30 seconds in. The voices are at the same level. I can't filter noises or voices into the background so multiple voices, noises just cause me confusion. My brain wants to hear and analyze each one equally at the same time which it can't do.

I've described my brain's inability to "filter" sounds to the background represented very well in this song starting at 30 seconds in. The voices are at the same level. I can't filter noises or voices into the background so multiple voices, noises just cause me confusion. My brain wants to hear and analyze each one equally at the same time which it can't do.

Yeah, I get that. I think this is one of the reasons I like the song, and did back in the late '80s. I've listened to this album so much (not so much these days but in the past) that I can hear them all at once, and process them. But that's because I already know what they are saying. It is like giving my brain a cookie.

You come from far away
With pictures in your eyes
Of coffeeshops and morning streets
In the blue and silent sunrise
But night is the cathedral
Where we recognized the sign
We strangers know each other now
As part of the whole design .

What song is this? It won't open for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom